Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Launched

Now I’m sad all the SC money didn’t go into this game instead.

Heh. Its not as if elite lacks money. It lacks a strong author’s voice.

Krayzkrok seems to be doing ok generating his own content.

I think it’s something like Shift-Enter or Ctrl-Enter. I did it the other day then couldn’t fix it as I was on a train that had just gone into a tunnel.

Welcome back krayzkrok! Were you playing Elite the whole time you were away from the internet?

(I mean, other than your work, of course, I just meant your spare time).

That’s great @krayzkrok and you are right about a lot of stuff.

I have some issue with the way some of it was developed. Things like “powerplay” that took a lot of dev effort for very little fun gameplay would have been better spent making more stuff to find. Exploration is by far the most interesting thing about elite.

Great screenshots as always!

A little more and I’ll be forced to reinstall Elite: Dangerous. As if I needed one more game to (re)play…

Those are great Krazy, keep us posted :D

That’s not something I’ve noticed before. Very cool!

You are amazing, krayzkrok! Thank you for sharing all your adventures!

Yeah, you make me want to dip back into this. It gives you so many wonderful locations to get lost in.

Delighted to see you having so much fun!

Congratulations :)

Congratulations mate! Bloody well done!

my jump range right now is 56 ly, but it can go at least 10 ly higher with some work

Imho once you are over 50ly you are pretty much set. Usually not worth turning around again once you hit the discovery border (ie: That milestone in your journey when the majority of systems are now unexplored vs the minority).

Once you hit the undiscovered country its usually best to just keep going. My favoured path was straight towards the core then arc through to Colonia which hits a ton if tightly packed regions full of new stuff.

Anyway enjoy!

To boldly go where no bruce has gone before. To seek out new life and new civilization and to punch them in the face.

heh :0 yeah the name tag thing stops being a problem after a while. I would press on a few more thousand ly at least and snag some more exploration data.

Maybe pick the nearest station after and see how much money you make? Once you have enough for a fully engineered Anaconda or ship of your choice then turn back and snag one, that cam then be your last trip to the bubble ever so its worth fully engineering yourself one last time. After that you are pretty much set and the galaxy is yours :)

Oh last thing if you head to the top of the disc or bottom then you hit the neutron fields. Each unexplored one of those is about a million cr if my memory serves so fiill your boots before heading home.

Oh you are set then! Please ignore my previous. Into the big black and press on!

Just got an email linking to this page earlier today. Sounds pretty great - I may just start up a new character and go through the new early game.