Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Launched

I didn’t take screenshots of the planets, wish I’d thought of it at the time. I was already on my way back to the bubble when I found this system, so I’m pretty sure it wasn’t my first, but it was by far the best. In addition to the earth-like, there were two water worlds and three high metal content worlds that were all terraforming candidates.

I hadn’t been paying closer attention to earlier systems I visited partly because I was trying to unlock one of the engineers, so discovery wasn’t my primary aim. But truly, for the distance I was traveling I did not expect to find any undiscovered systems. The game has been out for several years, and has a bunch of players dedicated to the task of exploration. I just assumed at this point I’d have to fly to the ass end of the galaxy to find a planet that isn’t already tagged.

I knew about terraforming, but something I didn’t realize until nearly halfway through my trip was that I needed to look at the description in the system map. I was expecting a notification on the discovery scanner’s info screen. So I probably missed a few.