Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Launched

They should have had me and @tomchick showing off Elite VR.

“Showing off” might not be the right term…

It would be a lot more entertaining. I cant believe how much of a waste of time this is. Just play the 2.4 reel for christsakes.

This has been the E3 of “just play the reel”

Hasn’t that been E3 for the last several years?

touché

Girl, go you.

This is incredibly bad. Like up there with the legendary Sony 2006 conference bad.

But is it “Star Citizen holiday livestream” bad?

Possibly not. This game is working. The “event” is just a disaster. No announcements yet and we are nearly an hour in!

Its over. What a waste of time. No news. Just another “event” tomorrow. Christ that was bad.

WTF? No news on 2.4??

Nothing. Zero. Nada. Just a CG to unlock (maybe) a teaser tomorrow.

I know online communities are hard to manage, I know making games as fantastic as Elite D is hard and I am reluctant to criticize respected fellow professionals like Frontier but this was just awful and a waste of a lot of players time.

Hopefully tomorrow news will make up for it. Because this was bad.

I didn’t see the stream (just woke up) but I got a mission in my email to “hunt down unknown ships” by 12:00 BST June 13 (tight?). I guess this is the Thargoid invasion!?

They did say multiple times that no new features were being revealed today, but this would tie into what they are revealing tomorrow. That was my cue to check out!

I am way more comfortable blaming Frontier for my inability to listen :)

I just made it to the Orcus Crag installation. It’s a community event that requires you to collect scans of unknown ship signatures and unknown wake signatures (I guess I’d need a special scanner to do either?). It’s already at Tier 7, I think, and 1 million space bucks is the minimum reward for those that participate.

I’ll try to do something there later today. But I guess Thargoid events will probably happen there tomorrow, so it’s a good place to be, I suppose.

I need to get over there! Shame I’m at work today. :(

I imagine ship signatures are just regular scanning, but you’d need the wake scanner for the wake signatures. Hmmm, it will be tough to make it back to Tombaugh, grab something other than this DBX, and get out there in time.

Son of a … I guess I should have dug into this a bit more before setting out. :|

I could be wrong :)

I think you do need one. Also I think they mentioned its in Open only.

Not that it matters to me I am out in Hawkin’s gap :)