Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Launched

Yeah, if this works as advertised, it’ll get me back in too.

Criminals sure like to shell out the cash to see the dark side of an earth like planet. After buying a python and throwing in some passenger cabins I’ve grabbed over $100M the past couple days ferrying these knuckleheads to see the planet. Will be able to afford a nice ship to fly with the Wildcards pretty soon.

What happened to “Veloxi’s Vixens”? I liked that one.

Are squadrons and private groups separate things?

That’s a Private Group, i.e. a shared instance with only those players. A squadron is more like a MMO Guild, from what I understand.

Where do we need to fly to? Most of my stuff is still in the Orcus system. Currently I’m about 500 ly out while doing this passenger gig.

That’s a group that works in the background simulation, still there, but we have no direct affect over it. You do missions and such for them to affect their power.

I don’t know yet, Squadrons won’t be available until next week. Once I learn more I’ll let’cha all know.

I jumped back in for the first time in months, bought a python, stripped off the shields to make room for a passenger cabin, and hit the turbo boost button on my hotas twice inside a station. Amazing that the ship survived that. I think the best part was hitting it one time apparently wasn’t enough, had to do it again.

You are misunderstanding it.

The old honk does exactly what it used to do. Now using the new FSS minigame does the same as flying towards a planet and scanning it more closely did. You now do not need to tediously fly to all of em, but you do have to play the fss minigame. If you get your controls set just so, you can be pretty damn quick about that too. I can. Then there’s a third level of scan which is new. It’s the mapping you do with the mass effect style probe shooter.

I don’t see why you are so pissy about it. It is miles better than the old honk and approach. You can still approach. You even get rewarded for that because if you probe a planet, you get 3rd level monies for it. Also your name on it.

some people just don’t want to be pleased.

@BrianRubin sign me up for the wildcards. That sounds awesome. Space 1999 right?

Close! Space Above and Beyond.

Oh man, that was so awfull it became good again :D What ship in elite closest resembles a hammerhead?

Apparently you have not played it yet.

Before honk = see what the system is like. IE: Oh I see there are three gas giants 2 of which have landable moons.

Now = guess unless you play the mini game.

There is no need to assume I am looking to have my game ruined.

I think they need to add this to the Elite shop:

Maybe for the explorers:

lol :)

Also they put up the mining and squadron stream. Looks good although I am no miner. They do say for mining you can keep on mining exactly the same way as before if you like. Which is a great approach.

Mining in ED has always been way too fiddly so I’ll be curious to see if they made it less so.

Has Frontier ever made anything in ED less fiddly?

Mining was way more fiddly before collector limpets were introduced.

Still sounds fiddly. Let me just point a mining laser and be done with it, as God intended.

Damn straight, sir. +1 would read again.

Can I get an amen?