Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Launched

$15 for the whole thing right now. Good deal for anyone that doesn’t already have it.

Wrong thread bruh.

He’s got a point though, what with all these ongoing chapter releases Elite: Dangerous may never actually be finished.

You say that as if thats a bad thing.

I’m having a great time exploring, using the new tools. I have the FSS set for both HOTAS and mouse use. That way I can mix and match controls and never have to do too much repeating movements. Mixing it up is good against RSI ;-) Finding it a lot of fun so far, as I’m still improving at it, getting faster and more accurate.

Probing takes more time than the previous system, but yields more interesting results, such as waypoint markers to things like geysers. It’s also a minigame you can get better at. A fun little minigame.

Overall, exploration now feels more like doing science. And you actually find stuff besides more beige billiard balls.

With the $200M reference though it was obviously talking about Star Citizen. I don’t think anyone would object if Frontier wanted to keep doing updates like this one.

Uh, yeah ok, thanks clearing that up.

Picked up a Fer-de-Lance last night to replace my viper mk3. Thinking of grabbing an aspx to replace the dbx I had before as well.

FDL is a sweet ship. Not as sweet as a python or krait imo. Doesn’t the vulture make a better direct replacement for the viper?

I’m out exploring now in an extremely shitty asp build. It has shields but cant fucking power them. Not going back until I have found and mapped one earth-like tho.

…why are you doing that to yourself?

For Earth likes the most common Star type was F class, based on my experience. So setting your filter to F class and zipping around should increase your odds.

Just scanning stuff is fun (to me) nowadays. More fun than honk&jump. anyway. Found one!

Probably, but wanted to try out an fdl. I made about 200M running passengers from robigo to sothis, so needed to spend some of that money. Need to probably kit out the Python a bit more as well. Mamba looks like it could be fun too

mamba is slated for “unnerf” too.

Grats!

Has it always been a thing that if you are wanted and paying off a fine you get shipped off to some penal colony station (I’m guessing that is what it is anyways since there are a bunch of ‘Felony is Futile’ signs)? I was paying a fine and ended up 11 jumps from where I was paying the fine at.

Edit: I ended up on this mega ship: https://www.edsm.net/en/system/stations/id/106765/name/ICZ+ZK-X+b1-0/details/idS/63493/nameS/The+Seraph's+Wing

Just tried out the new night vision while flying around in a res in the shadow of a planet. That is very helpful.

Anyone here ever used Monstertech table/chair mounts for hotas setups? Seriously thinking about buying the table mounts.

That doesn’t look like it’ll hold a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stick at all! Shenanigans!

Actually it looks great if you have compatible hardware.

It’s such a shame the H.O.T.A.S.S. never took off.

After having this game in my backlog for ages, I finally loaded it up and began to learn it last week. I’ve put in about 15 hours and I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface. I’m playing with mouse and keyboard, but I’m seriously considering purchasing a HOTAS - haven’t had one of those in many years because I took a 5 or 6 year break from gaming (long story…), and I got rid of a lot of my gear. I’m really missing my old Thrustmaster sticks. I’m eyeing the TM 1600 or something like that.

I’m really loving Elite Dangerous. I played so many addictive hours of Frontier, but this game is really something else.

I’ve enjoyed the t16000m hotas.