Further…

Tip of Chile?

Further!

Antarctica?

The South Pole?

Bingo!

Blimey!

sigh

Cool. I read that whole thing, and I still can’t believe that after waiting all those years from the late 90s onward (when the news that a new Elite was something they wanted to make was passed around in the space sim community), this game actually happened. It actually came out. And after it came out, they actually made enough money that they can continue to work on the next major content update in late 2020.

I guess there’s still just enough space sim fans still out there to make this viable. That feels good to know. High Five, fellow pilots! :)

Greetings Commanders,

$299.

The Elite Dangerous Team

You sir, get a cookie. Way to go to take a positive slant on this.

It’s so easy to go whaa whaa whaa over this. But indeed it shows the concept is viable. The staid pace of development means the air is not sucked out of the niche, so @tbaldree’s thing gets a fair shake, and I bet there’s plenty room for a bunch more games.

This has me interested in what they’re working on. That’s a very long development timeframe for a released game.

Thats because they are doing procgenned atmospheric planets.

Great update. I really should get into this game.

Now I’m sad all the SC money didn’t go into this game instead.

Heh. Its not as if elite lacks money. It lacks a strong author’s voice.

Krayzkrok seems to be doing ok generating his own content.

I think it’s something like Shift-Enter or Ctrl-Enter. I did it the other day then couldn’t fix it as I was on a train that had just gone into a tunnel.