Elon Musk goes Off the Rails

Shareholders aren’t going to care about $140 million when they’re making 100 times that in profits.

e.g. hookers, cocaine, outrageously overpriced dinners, huge CEO compensation, golden parachutes written into contracts are all just peachy with everyone in the finance industry so long as the share price is going up.

That’s kinda devastating. I’m now 1% sure I’m just an NPC in Elon Musk’s simulation.

I guess that also tracks with the spend all of Bezos’ money game, where the twist is you can’t.

You have been misinformed.

Twitter just announced no more free access to API starting Feb 9th.

He should live-stream the money-burning for greater entertainment value.

I wonder if there is a correlation between a rise in Tesla profit and the decrease in time Musk is able to spend actually working there? If so, as Twitter falls, Tesla rises might not be a bad result overall.

Sure, except:

The only people making profits atm are those who bought in the last month.
Everyone else lost huge or at best broke even.

Edit: Remember this is a space where what you make or being profitable are things no one cares about. What matters is infinite, never-ending growth. If you make literally nothing and can maintain 6% growth then you’re probably viewed as a better buy than Apple.

Yeah, I’ve seen people on Reddit post “Tesla is up 33% since the start of the year“ as if everyone purchases on January 1 and sells on December 31. Let me tell you it doesn’t feel quite as good if you purchased it January 1 of last year and you are now only 30% in the red versus 35%.

This seems like a great idea.

All the fun bots will go away. Some of the t-shirt bots will stay and we’ll be left with the crypto reply scam bots.

If I lost $140 on one trade but made $120,000 on my other trades I’d say I had a pretty fuckin good year.

If someone made $120,000 on a trade and then lit $140 of it on fire, I’d still think they were a laughable clown.

Well, that’s the thing, right? It’s not like the losses at Twitter were just good-faith casualties of the market’s quirkiness. It’s more akin to as you say lighting money on fire. Self-inflicted, unnecessary losses are bad no matter what the actual numbers are. Even if the money right now is not important, it says a lot about the long-term direction of the leadership.

This is the bull thesis for all cryptocurrencies.

Don’t forget the more Pay 2 Win Twitter payola program.

And apparently half the folks who post cool art in Japan got suspended for “spam”

Honestly, at this point I suspect Twitter’s going to be fine, since folks keep using twitter to complain about twitter.