Embroidered QT3 shirts

Ok, the shirts are in production. It looks like everyone who wants one for E3 will get it. The others who want it mailed will have to wait until after E3. They should go out early in the following week.

Derek, I need your shirt size and color preference, and I need it pronto.

Orders for shirts for E3 are now closed. The shop is ordering them as I type. Derek, I didn’t have your size so I’m not going to have a shirt for you, though if you reply quickly I’ll see if they can tack another on.

I think we’ll make the shirts available on an ongoing basis. The shop will be happy to whip them out on an individual basis, and can even handle order fulfillment for us. We’ll get a digitized photo of a shirt or two and post them.

Thanks for your support! Maybe we can do a different kind of shirt later, one with lots of crazy quotes, Royal Tennenbaum (sic?) stuff, Trevorisms, etc.

Honest to god, I would buy 3 t-shirts with this on the back :) This quote on the back and the Qt3 logo on the front.

Would also buy a couple of embroidered throw pillows, but I think Sparky owns that trademark.

Derek. When I approach you to sign my copy of BCM don’t hit me, ok?

Honest to god, I would buy 3 t-shirts with this on the back :) This quote on the back and the Qt3 logo on the front.

Would also buy a couple of embroidered throw pillows, but I think Sparky owns that trademark.[/quote]

We can look into it. It’s odd, but that kind of shirt would probably be silk-screened, and that setup fee is actually more expensive cause it’s four-color or something. With the embroidery I think they just tell the embroidering robot to switch colors as its doing it.

I’m mainly thinking T-shirts so I can wear them to work under another shirt. Stealth rebelion, I guess. The quote sums up how I feel on any given work day.

But if it’s more expensive, wouldn’t want to do that to ya. Any idea how much it runs to set up one of those online shops where they make the shirts for ya and all that jazz? Cyberpress or whatever that place is called.

For the polo shirts, I would like to order one of those for sure, but I’ll wait until after E3 to email ya. An E3 trip just isn’t in the budget these days, but I’d still like to support Qt3 in any way I can while getting a spiffy shirt that no one will understand.

Cafe Press is free to set up, but you get to keep very little of the money and the quality of the goods ranges from slightly chintzy to chintzy.

Everybody’s got a T-shirt gimmick. I got this today in my Crucial Insider e-mail:

You’ll Wear It Well

Check out the Crucial T-shirt. It’s our version of the trusty
tee, cleverly packaged to look like a memory module.

Hurry! At just $11.99, these 100% cotton beauties are going fast!

See it here:
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.asp?IMODULE=CTWHITETXL&CPE=NL21225

LOL :lol:

Mark…Do you have a shipped priced for those of us who will get the shirts after E3 yet? Also, what payment method do you prefer - check, money order, cash, paypal.

-DavidCPA

No, I don’t have a shipping price yet, but it will either be standard UPS ground shipping or through the Postal Service. Our cost for shipping will be your cost. We won’t pad the price any.

I think we’ll go Paypal, but we’re still working that out. This has been a spur-of-the-moment harebrained scheme on our part. I will let you know.

“But if it’s more expensive, wouldn’t want to do that to ya.”

Oh, we’d pass the cost right back at ya. :)

We won’t do another kind of shirt unless we get enough interest. I wanted a shirt for E3 regardless, so I was willing to eat the setup fee. I’ll make that money back now, thanks to you guys.

If we could sell enough, I’d like to do a fuckheads QT3 shirt with colorful quotes. Maybe we’ll do some other crap, like coffee mugs or keychains.

Mark,
Just checking if you got my order… I didn’t get an email reply.

How many did you get in?

Just so long as we eventually get a shirt that proclaims:

Magister mundi sum!

Then I’ll be a happy guy.

We can always pay the usurious CafePress rates which avoids having any setup fee…

Yeah, I got it. Haven’t sent any replies yet. I should have yours for E3.

bahhhhh - I take a few days off from the forums and this happens.

I’d be interested in a silk screened “Fuckheads” shirt though.

I’d take a ‘Fuck Star Wars,’ ‘What the god damn fucking hell are you shitheads talking about?’ (not to float my own boat, seeing as how Sparky made it famous), or a ‘Grandpa Cathcart’ shirt anyday. Though the Grandpa Carthcart shirt would probably be something that only regulars would get, and I’d hate to turn into generic web-geek #158,292,195.

I like the idea of QT3 shirts, especially ones with quotes. God knows we’ve got plenty, and didn’t Spoofy or someone run a best-of quotes thread a while back?

‘What the god damn fucking hell are you shitheads talking about?’

I was there for that one. That was very endearing ;)

Shoot Club t-shirt. I said it before: you’d recover your cost just from Murphy alone.

Now I wish I was going to E3! That would have been cool. Then Qt3 would look like a developer with all these guys running around in their logo shirts. :) Then you could sell a vaporware deal and really recover your costs…oh, nevermind, this isn’t 1999.

Good call on the t-shirt Bernie. I would buy one of those too. BTW, who is Murphy? There’s a Murph on the boards, but no Murphy.

You never know. Mike Wilson is back with GOD.

-DavidCPA