Emotional Music

Mad World. Played at the end of Donnie Darko

Various songs from Les Miserables, A Little Drop of Rain, Bring Him Home, I Dreamed A Dream, Do You Hear the People Sing, man that musical is emotionally overpowering

I Got Id (Shit) by Pearl Jam and Estranged by Guns n’ Roses have a lot of emotional meaning for me.

Last night was cool. Dark Soho while driving through a lightning storm.

Dave Rodgers - The Race is Over.

If you heard it you’d think I was nuts, but it’s because it’s the song played at the end of the Initial D movie (Stage 3), which ends the story of Takumi. There are stages after the movie, but they follow other characters.

Yeah, the Merkinball/Mirrorball thing Pearly Jam did with Neil Young was really cool.

Drunk Daddy by the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies is a pretty powerful, angry song that I have a strong emotional reaction to.

Elliott Simth’s Needle in the Hay, thanks to it’s effective use in the Royal Tenenbaums in the scene where Luke Wilson’s character attempts suicide, still gives me chills.

Not necessarily a personal hangup, since you pretty much summed up my thoughts as well.

Let me second that.

Many have heard this, few know its name.

It has been used in a few movies and even a game. (Platoon being one of the movies, Homeworld being the game.)

You have to be tone deaf not to be somewhat moved by this piece…

Just about anything Amiee Mann sang in Magnolia, including One and Save Me.