Empire Deluxe Combined Edition

Sigh, this game is way past it’s due, I played it tons, but you don’t really want to go back, it’s just very primitive and obsolete in every way.

I guess the nostalgia gang will bask in the feelings this game gives, but personally I’ve moved on long ago.

Yeah, that’s the original dev’s site. Last news on the site is in 2005 so he gave it up long, long ago. Just make me even more sad.

Kickstarter is now reaching the final day.

So a little bit more pimpage, as it is available now on itch.io

and on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/742700/Empire_Deluxe_Combined_Edition/

in the Early Access Form

I can’t wait to play it, got my itch.io key a little while ago! Yay!

Looking good! Nostalgia rush.

Though I am a slightly bashful type and don’t like extreme self pimpage, I wanted to mention that the latest build that went out today now has a simple form of online map and scenario sharing.

Hey! I just downloaded your CHE map!

Yeah, I spent countless hours with that one playing the old 1993 game with the Advanced set. Four very balanced continents. The Che guy was a fantastic map maker. I will see if I can dig up more of those.

This build is telling me that the time for “Early Access” is growing short, and the game will soon be in full release. This does not make the assumption that there are no more bugs, or that nothing else can be added, but I definitely believe the game has reached a good confidence level in its stability. If this build goes as well as expected, then the EA time will soon draw to a close.

Very exciting!

Self-Pimpage marking the exit from early access:

Congrats!

Sold. I never played the original, but I’m interested in this for historical reasons if nothing else.

In other work I am currently working on a prototype for The Perfect General, and I will pass information along about that if it seems to be taking shape.

You’ve got a lot to be proud of. Seeing a product through to release is impressive.

Awesome! Been with it since the beginning. Loving it!

Very freaking cool! Congrats!

I see multiplayer ‘network’ play on the Steam page. Does that mean Steam matchmaking (I hope)?

No, it is IP based - one player is a server (though you can make a non-headless stand alone).

the server player has to make a port tunnel. There is a convenience where the server can advertise their game so they don’t have to look up the IP address.

Bought and tried. I played a little of some version of Empire so I’m actually not very familiar with this game.

@mok: I do notice that the graphic on the main image on the Steam store page says “Combine Edition” but everywhere else it’s “Combined Edition”

Thanks. I will immediately sack the entire marketing department.