Empire of Sin is going to make you its John Romero

I really with they would have made it so that you played good guys, instead of having to play as Criminals. I really dislike that.

The game itself looks interesting, but I have zero interest in being a gangster - not even in a game.

I’m not sure the world is ready for a remake of Omerta: City of Gangsters.

Reviews are up and seem pretty positive

Eg

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-30-empire-of-sin-review-intoxicating-but-overwhelming

Agreed. Hope there’s more to it

PC Gamer scores it a 49.

Ooff.

Too bad because I really like the concept.

Some reviewers seem to love it and others not so much, but there are some things that have my attention like highly customizable, replayable and open world.

I think I’ll try it, and it’s cheaper in Wingamestore, about 30$.

Here more reviews:

Oh, and mods are confirmed.

With mods and some patches maybe this can become a remarkable game.

Paradox games tend to hit Gamepass on day 1, so I’ll be eager to give this a look before committing to the purchase. I’m really stoked about the idea of this one, though, and will definitely buy it for the mod scene if it plays at all like I hope it does.

The reviews have me excited for the game. Most of the bad stuff sounds patch-able. Some aspects of tactical combat sound more intrinsic to the design, but I’m less interested in that anyway (and that is an area where mods can change a lot.) I’ll check in with this.

I was looking forward to getting this game, but this review made me reconsider:

That’s my hope too. I’m definitely more interested in the management side than the combat, though I like the idea of combining the too. I think I’ll be waiting for a sale though (and not just because Cyberpunk is around the corner).

I was all excited because I expected this to be on Gamepass, but no sign of it yet. Previous Paradox titles, including CK3, hit on day 1. I wonder why this isn’t there (yet?)

If it doesn’t show up soon, this and Cyberpunk may be Christmas presents to myself.

Interesting review. This game seems really one dimensional and he played on the hardest difficulty available. Shame.

So I think I’m hoping the bad reviews lead to an early sale price, at which I pick it up on the cheap and wait for updates/mods.

I mean, even watching that review, it didn’t make me NOT want to play it, but it sounds like it still needs some work. Updates and mods are sure to come.

At first I thought they just put core PDS games on there, but then I remembered that Planetfall was on Game Pass too. Not sure why this wasn’t announced, but I could see it ending up there…maybe in 6ish months?

Yeah I’m sure it has to do with it not being developed in-house. I’ve REALLY been excited about this game, but given its lukewarm reception, we’ll see how things play out. Still a very decent chance I’ll buy it before it hits Gamepass, but I would’ve been happy to check it out day 1 over there.

Yeah; I had high hopes for this ones, as well. While I’m not so sure about that reviewer’s assertion it needs another year in the oven, it sure does seem like it needs more time.

I’m just curious as to how the game plays if you don’t just bum-rush every enemy. But it sounds like he tried the diplomacy and there’s not enough there.

I dunno, I’m really interested the game’s concept. I’m hoping in a couple of months there’s a patch or a few mods that flesh it out more.