Encanto - Disney's animated Colombian X-Men

Directed by “Zootopia” helmers Byron Howard and Jared Bush alongside newcomer co-director Charise Castro Smith.

There.

Also fall 2021? That seems short for just hearing about it!

Also, is it intentional that there is so much chromatic abberation?
But otherwise it might be a cute movie, will need to see/read a bit more about it.

I am not slamming the trailer when I say, “Hey, Disney remade Sky High!” Because I also liked Sky High.

Not sure I am thrilled with the story, but the music and animations looks great.

No one give her a violin.

I predict that her gift will be the greatest gift of all.

Her gift was the friends we made along the way.

What I mean to say is that her gift is animating anything fashioned into a roughly human shape: dolls, action figures, bundles of twigs, clay. . . whatever the case, each of them, constrained by their grotesque and limited forms, feels only loathing for the living.

Maybe they’ll pull a The New Mutants here? Of course not. It’s Disney. But I’d love to see something like that. ;)

Delightful. Music by Lin-Manuel? Where do I sign up?

Did no one else see this?

Its not ground breaking, but it is a great family film full of beautiful sights and music. I appreciated a lot of the touches in it - the realistic looking people, that they matched the people to the Colombian setting, and most particularly that while bad things may happen in the film - there is no Evil Villain This world is full of people who mean well, but things still happen, and conflict can still arise.

I appreciated seeing a movie that can remind families of that (and that you can work together even without any special magic to overcome and patch those conflicts - at least sometimes).

The past few Pixar movies I’ve somehow managed to see 0 ads for despite consuming a fair bit of content. Trying to figure out if it’s just my viewing habits (I’ve dialed down my TV consumption to just sports + I have YT Premium to skip ads) or if Disney’s just churning these movies out to die.

I liked it. I’m also convinced this is the story of a mutant whose powers manifested during a huge traumatic event, and who passed the x-gene down to her family members. Well, most of them.

My wife and kids saw it, I was working, and they loved it. I do look forward to watching it myself.

Yeah, we saw it. My kids didn’t want to go to the Dolby theater (“It’s too loud”, ugh, how are these my kids??), so we went to the regular theater. Which was fine, except the sound was so muddy I could not make out any of the lyrics to the songs. Miranda’s schtick is “patter” songs, where everybody says stuff very fast, which can work well (see Moana), but when you can’t hear the lyrics the value is lost.

Anyway, other than that, pretty good. A lot of characters, but mostly pretty easy to keep track of (there’s even a song introducing them, not that it helped me since I couldn’t hear it). The story works and the animation is good. Kids liked it. It’s coming to Disney+ in a couple days, I think, so this thread may get some use then.

Also, @Ex-SWoo, it’s not a Pixar film. Disney Animation. From the people (more or less) who brought you Zootopia, Tangled, and Moana. So, high quality is to be expected.

I watched it on Disney+ tonight. It was okay. They dropped a hint early on (like a hammer, in a song) about what is wrong, so I was just waiting for that to play itself out. But it did, and the movie kept going after that, and it kind of surprised me. But at the same time it didn’t. But that’s okay. Very pleasant.

The animation/colors used were gorgeous. I loved that it was set in Columbia although they didn’t do that much with the setting (since it was all “magical”). The songs were OK. I too found the sound very muddy and the lyrics were difficult to hear. The story did less than nothing for me though. I felt bored throughout. So thumbs down from me. Although I’m not exactly the target audience here ;)
… I’m far more excited for Sing 2 coming in Jan. The first Sing movie was awesome.

At my daughter’s requests, we have watched this movie five times in two days.

We watched it on Christmas Eve. I found it charming. Actually got some “What Remains of Edith Fitch” vibes from it. My only complaint was the sound mix on the first song. I could not understand any of the lyrics. The rest of the songs were fine… loved the Bruno one.