ENCASED - Fallout-like RPG set in the 1970's..

I am very interested, but am going to wait for some player responses. The game has a checkered development history, with many delays, and the last public beta release still had a number of issues. But things do seem to have gotten better since Koch Media signed on as publisher. They got more time and added voice acting to many/all the characters. Seems Koch liked what they say and poured more resources into the game. But it’s still wait and see since it’s from a first time developer (as near as I can tell).

So far Steam reviews are pretty positive, with 90+ reviews in the last 30 days and an overall rating of 86%. I’d say about 70 of those reviews have been since the game first released, so so far it’s looking pretty decent for a AA game.

I’m 8 hours in and i like it. I think i spent like 70% of that time making different character builds to see which one i liked.

Ended up making a blue guy with pilot/heavy machine guns/tech skills to pilot the servo armor. There seems to be quite a few ways to do the objectives with different character builds. For example, in the last facility i was there was an extensive vent system that you can sneak through and get past locked doors and backstab enemies. My character that was wearing the servo armor couldnt access it because of how bulky it is, so i just bashed all the doors with the extra strenght that the power armor gives.

SplatterCat just uploaded a video if anyone wants to see it in action.

Was watching that earlier and it reminded me of Disco Elysium except I didn’t want to claw my ears off because of the VO

Disco Elysium has really bad voice acting? I did not know that. So then the fully voiced Director’s Cut is even worse in that regard?

I skipped ahead just to see the character creation interface. It looks really nice! Beautiful font, nice clean lines and colors. Very easy on the eyes. This is no Underrail. I’m willing to be sold on this.

Bad to me. I’m sure the quality is excellent, but I’d swear every actor was given direction to speak in the most annoying voice they can imagine.

I sorta feel that way about the narrator in Encased.

I enjoyed the snark of the narrator in watching about 30 minutes of the video. However, I can also imagine it getting old quickly.

It has for me.

I like it, but can understand you POV on that

Stuck in Roadside Picnic. What do I need to do to continue? I got the thing from the tree in the basement, killed the guy. Had a meal with the hippies. Spoke to the blue guy, what next?

They are going to patch it so you can turn it off.

Put it on the truck.

I have a dialog option that says Anomaly Protector: Answer not available. No other way to use it that I can see.

A couple of questions for those playing. Does the game have to be craft? How would you describe your control over your companion, is it like Xcom 2, you have full control, no control, or you can set general commands but they act on their own?

Did you pick it up? There are 2 artififacts there, one in the tree and the other in a box next to it. One is basically the quest item and the other ones is a weareable item that gives some bonuses.

I don’t understand the first question. As for the companion one, you control them the same way as your character. Inventory is shared between everyone (the carry capacity adds up). I have no idea if you can control what skills you level on them since i just got them and havent leveled up yet.

AH! I have the wearable item. I missed the box. Thank you so much. And I’m the guy that saves everything. Must have been because I was worried about the green anomalies.

Thanks again.

I’m sorry I’m meant is there crafting like in most MMPORG or fallout where you can improve weapons armors etc.

There are way too many boxes to loot in this game, it end up over encumbered all the time, also makes it easy to miss important boxes heh.