Endless Legend - Fantasy 4X TBS from Endless Space devs

It’s specifically the blue glowy ones, and I think they should all be near your first city. Or were for me, at least. The Dungeon one was tougher, but to my surprise I got the unlock. We will see about the achievement. I saved, rather than losing.

It took me at least a dozen, maybe more. I think it’s random (and yeah, just set your system clock back). Once you find the right one, you’ll have have to fight the hero to complete the quest, so be prepared for battle.

Are you saying you didn’t receive the “Endless Day” achievement? I had to end my turn after the battle to trigger awarding of the achievement.

No, I have the Endless Legend achievement. I do not have the one for Dungeon of the Endless, just the hero unlock, although I still have that game in progress so I could, in theory, take it to victory. But considering yesterday was the first time I’d made it to floor 4, that seems unlikely. It’s much, much tougher.

I’m surprised they haven’t announced additional content yet. I’d like to see them cash in a bit while they can.

I want a skyrim styled open world game from them next. The start-up screens with the different races makes me yearn for this so damn bad! GET TO IT!

Endless Adventure!

Yeah, these guys have proved they’ve got what it takes to put together a distinctive and memorable fantasy world. How cool would it be to explore it from within with an RPG?

-Tom

Endless Adventure : awesome idea. I’d pay retail for that on Day One most likely. Being able to play as any one of the major factions/races in an open-world RPG would be awesome. Give all those Unspoiled Ruins actual names and flesh them out Skyrim style…take my money please.

This would be so excellent I don’t even want to think about it unless there is at least a hint somwhere that this might actually happen.

So I just won my first game. Wild Walker wonder victory on the normal difficulty. Got the victory in about 225 turns. I didn’t find it particularly difficult and next time I may try a harder level. I have to say that I was pretty unimpressed by the final screen. Considering the opening video for the faction, I was hoping for something a little more dramatic. Oh well. Nice take on the 4X genre and will definitely play again.

Endless Legend: Updates and Expansions plan

Thats pretty cool. I’ll be sure to purchase this, even though I’m not the biggest fan of the game itself, but I really enjoy their approach to patching and their world, and I WANT a Skyrim-type open world game in their world, dammit!

Sold!

Endless Legend is free to try this weekend on Steam; downloading now. 50% off to buy. I believe this is to coincide with the release of some DLC.

Thank god, they delayed the release of the expansion (it was originally scheduled for today). Between GTA5 and AOW3 expansion this week, I was just having way too much game overload.

So I played this game and think it’s good, but I still can’t get past the “longer winter later in the game” mechanic. I guess I know it’s part of the storyline, but I still prefer something more open-ended.

You can plan around it. There are tech, building, and hero upgrades that can help counter winter.

TurinTur was asking in the AOW3 thread what features the Guardian expansion was going to have. I thought I would post it here instead of derail the other thread.

[ul]
[li]15 Legendary Deeds completed at the various ages, granting a special advantage to the first empire to reach it.
[/li]> [li]5 Legendary buildings can now be built in your cities, only once for all empires. They have a special 3D visual on the city.
[/li]> [li]10 Unique buildings: when some Legendary Deeds are achieved, all empires may build these special buildings, one per city in your empire.
[/li]> [li]New Guardian mega-units. There are five of them, one for each element: Dust, Earth, Water, Air and Fire. They are built on a city and animated into a one man killer-army.
[/li]> [li]15 Guardian Weapons.
[/li]> [li]5 Guardian Gemstones (new accessory category).
[/li]> [li]5 Global quests! You can now play quests in cooperation or competition with other empires.
[/li]> [li]6 Global events: new random events which bring interesting positive or negative situations.
[/li]> [li]8 new technologies which unlock Guardians or are unlocked by Legendary Deeds.
[/li]> [/ul]

Mmm, it’s cool and all, but I think it’s a little silly to count both the Guardian and the technology that unlocks the Guardian as special features…

Between the unique buildings, the legendary ones and the Deeds it seems a DLC geared to boost the ‘empire management’ side of the game.