Endless Space 2

I’m not sure what the rule is DeepT, but I seemed to whither away an enemy colony by guarding the system.

I just noticed the first really dumb move by the AI. He keeps building ships that are only good at short range, but I keep fighting using the power to shields, which doesn’t seem to let his ships get into short range. He isn’t picking turtle, which seems like it would be better for him to get close. He is usually picking power to shields too.

It’s one of the three outpost abilities, isn’t it?

That is exactly what I am doing, but it continues to grow. When I get back tonight, Ill find out if it fully develops or not. Maybe its a UI glitch or maybe its just bugged.

I think it depends on how much food the colony is producing. A blockade normally cuts food production in half, which might be enough to starve an outpost on a sterile world, but maybe not on a lush planet.

AI can attack and destroy the autogenerated “Mayflower” ships that need to arrive at your colony in order for it to grow.

Yeah, they just had too many fleets and were wearing me down. But, I got lucky. My best fleet with a hero was sieging one of his systems and I managed to completely wipe out his best fleet there containing his hero. Immediately after the battle they offered a truce and I took it. I went back home to rebuild my fleet and lick my wounds. Next time I’ll do it a little differently. I’ll do a massive fleet buildup first and then preposition them near his home systems and alpha strike him before he has a chance to build up fleets.

That’s a good point. You can kill their logistic ships too, but you have to keep an eye out and do it manually. Far as I know, there’s no way to set a fleet around a system and say “blow up anything that comes through here”. A blockade will stop the ships for a turn, but you still have to manually tell your guys to attack.

I’ve started a game as the Unfallen. I had thought the Riftborn were my favorite faction, but these trees are fascinating. Bough I’m knot really sure what I’m doing, so if anyone has any tips, feel free to leaf your thoughts here.

I find their lovey-dovey pacifistic attitude to be a bit twee, myself.

Beta 1.0.6 is now available.

[1.0.6] Preview

[IA]

• Fixed: Map Sharing correction (evaluation)
  • Fixed: handling of rare resources
  • Fixed: loop in AI behavior when idle
  • Fixed: allocation of influence
  • Fixed all costs of diplomatic terms for AI
  • Fixed: Tweaked transitions duration so AI asks for map sharing less often and can ask for peace more often
  • Fixed: Shipdesign costs for AI
  • Improved AI colonization behavior
  • Increased AI aggressiveness
  • Better evaluation of trade agreement terms

[PERFORMANCE]

• The technology helper is now active only for human players.

[FIXES]

• Fixed an issue where political events of global, Academy and Academy - Finale quests had missing GUI elements.
  • Fixed a broken save issue due to migrations (reported here)

[VISUAL]

• More nebulae and stellar winds in Galaxy Spiral 8

We also made a lot of improvements on the multiplayer. Several desync causes have been fixed, especially on these topics:

• Vision Visibility
  • Fog of war
  • Fleet movements
  • Probes
  • Systems revealed by quests
  • VisionSharing & MapSharing (diplomacy term)

I have a question about the diplomacy “veto” option. I’m in an alliance, and I just made peace with Leandra, who is not in my alliance. On the diplomacy screen I have two options on Leandra - “aggressive veto” and “peaceful veto”. What I want is to use my veto to prevent my allies from declaring war on Leandra. My intuition says I should click the aggressive veto, stopping them from being aggressive…but once I do so, the tooltip says “ineffablebob to maintain a hostile status”. That’s the opposite of what I want! So I guess I need to click the peaceful veto, but that’s seems counter-intuitive…why would I want to veto peace? Is anyone clear on exactly what each of these options does?

I guess it’s a ‘veto with the aim of being peaceful’? I agree it’s odd.

I was humming along in my UE game where I got hit with a nasty bug. Either combat will not resolve (stuck on ‘pending’) or the turn won’t end. Really frustrating as I was enjoying the game but it looks like others are reporting this as well. I’ll shelve it until they come up with a fix.

I just had that same bug within the last half an hour, but as the Cravers.

Sorry for the “Is your computer monitor plugged in, sir?” level of question, but did you try to reload an autosave and going back through? If the hung turn is a thread deadlock, it often works to go back just a couple turns. I know it’s saved many a game for me (not Endless Legend 2 specifically, I’m talking about modern 4X in general).

Annoying as all hell though, for sure. :(

Not a bad question at all, Boss Hog. I reloaded several times and did several other tricks, like not doing the same stuff I did the turn before, but no luck. I was completing a story quest against some pirates and the combat just won’t resolve. When I’m able to avid the combat, the game hangs on the end turn. I was really starting to roll over those space tree dudes… maybe this is some meta way of the AI preventing me from doing so.

I tried the going back several turns too. Still hangs at the same place.

Finished my second game (hard, all random civs that gave me Sophons, random galaxy type, all else defaults). I lost by economic victory. I had no idea it was coming despite the various “about to win” warnings because I got so many of them. If the warnings were to be believed, I was about to win via several victory conditions for about half the game, as were half the AIs. I like the warning idea, but they really need to tune it so as to remove the “cry wolf” effect.

Losing to economics actually felt like a decent outcome in this game because my starting position was so bad. I had to jump halfway across my constellation before finding a place to use my starting colony ship. All the systems in between were terrible, mostly gas giants. By the time I was in a position to get a third system, everyone near me was way more built up. I struggled back and survived largely due to an alliance with the nearby United Empire, cemented by teaming up on the poor Vodyani. Once I had enough firepower to take out an Ark, it was pretty easy to take their systems.

The slow start cost me, though, as I was still researching my first Endless tech when the AI got its economic win. I was being nice and friendly with them, too, so I could focus on my research. Had the warnings actually been useful, I might have been able to go to war and stop them, but as it was I played right into their hands.

I also got the hero temple quest line as far as the step where you’re supposed to send your hero-led fleets to take control of some planets. It was impossible to complete, though, short of breaking alliances because my alliance partners chose the opposite side in the quest and any opposing fleet negates your control attempt. So we each just parked a small ship in orbit and stared at each other. Kinda a letdown to the storyline aspect.

My UE game get messed up by the combat-resolution bug, so I started another as the Vodyani. They are a bit dependent on getting a nearby minor faction to devour in the early turns, but they seem ridiculously powerful if you can swing your government to Ecology dominance in the first election. Then your Arks can colonize every planet in the system, boosting you up to crazy levels.

The Cravers is one of those factions that has a really interesting idea, but I’m pretty sure they don’t fit how I like to play. I hate destroying my planets.