Endless Space 2

The game I am THE most excited for this year. Amplitude are now masters of their craft.

IMO the real problem with Endless Space was that the designers didn’t understand the economy they created. It was possible for a strong AI empire to crank out multiple full fleets at will. So if you wanted to invade, you fought exactly the same battle over and over and over and over again as you slowly nibbled at this vast enemy. It was incredibly tedious. If you could fight a conclusive battle and have the victory actually mean something the combat gameplay choices might matter too, but in the old game it was just drudgework.

The wiki they are doing is top notch.

http://wiki.endless-space.com/factions

This and Oriental Empires out in September, followed by he next major patch for Stellaris and (maybe) Civ VI in October. Going to be a busy Fall.

(Before anyone asks, no I haven’t heard anything about Civ being delayed. The maybe refers to whether I will be getting it).

There were definitely some issues with the conflict aspects but I really loved the empire management and empire building aspects of the game. Plus Amplitude are the reigning champions of interesting race/culture designs.

Agreed! I love the Endless Legend races.

Super excited. Don’t let me down Amplitude. I hated ES1, but you brought me around with your other games. MAKE ME HAPPY DAMMIT. ;)

Wow, that wiki is slick. I watched all three faction movies. Especially liked the Sophons and Cravers videos.

I’m looking forward to this one. I liked Endless Space 1, but I loved the innovations in Endless Legend. Is ES2 going to feature any innovations in the 4x space genre?

You may find that Oriental Empires does not keep you busy very much.

Why is that?

But what exactly do you mean?

You need to click the link to see it. The quote provided is incomplete.

OK, I get it now. What’s funny is that I responded to that post. Getting old sucks.

Amplitude is having a contest for a community-created “Diplomatic Pacifist”-themed faction to be included in the game at launch. Head on over to their Games2Gether to vote. Be sure to link your steam account to increase your vote strength.

Please consider my buddy’s faction, “Champion’s of a multi-race Empire”. They are build around incorporating all of the minor factions (species) in the game (24 at launch). A lot of new mechanics are being added to expand upon the diplomatic and political aspects of the game, and these guys really build upon them. Lots of great choices though, so best of luck to all!

RPS has an [early hands on] (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/08/endless-space-2-hands-on/) that sounds really, really promising. Sounds like they’re taking an approach that is quite different from Paradox, and hews closer to what made EL so fantastic an experience.

And Eurogamer coverage also!

Endless Space kind of bounced off me, but I do like what I’ve seen of ES2 so far. Here’s hoping!

PC Gamer’s latest headline about ES2 says “Endless Space 2 takes Endless Legend’s quests and varied factions to the stars”, and I love the sound of that.

4 minute “First Look” video.

I’m getting really excited now!

I really enjoyed Endless Space 1. I know it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but the austerity of it gave me this fascinating vibe of loneliness that I have only experienced in non-4X games like STALKER or Dear Esther. I loved that and was really taken with the exploration and empire management the first game offered.