Endless Space 2

Yep that was it. Weird that they’d remove stuff like that when playing beginner tutorial.

That is disappointing, and one of the reasons I sometimes avoid tutorials. Then again, there is a lot to learn in this game, and not playing the tutorials would hurt as well.

There’s supposed to be a module for a ship that does manpower damage per turn, I think when sieging, but I can’t find it in the tech wheel. Anyone know what it’s called? Thanks!

Titanium Slugs. It’s in the military part of the tech tree, with a blue wheel icon with spokes.

It reduces the manpower of a planet while siegeing. It’s quite important for capturing well defended planets without throwing away vast quantities of manpower and time!

The search function on the tech tree screen is actually pretty useful for finding stuff like that!

-Tom

That’s a good module, too.

One thing to remember is that you can always build ships no matter your manpower, so if you get into a deficit all your manpower will be diverted into filling the ships you already have, which may take several turns until positive.

There are some techs in the second tier on the left hand side that slow you to build manpower production. Build those asap if you need manpower. The Vodyani especially tend to need those as their natural rate of manpower production tends to be slow.

Also convert a pop into manpower in a full system. That tends to maximize growth (if you’re not shipping them around to empty systems already). This is more Perfect Play min-max than a necessary strategy though.

Yup, and the Riftborn can and should manually generate manpower as necessary, too.

I already did that :p I’ve tried all the relevant search terms I listed, but none of the highlighted techs sound like what I’m looking for. When I type in “soldier damage”, “manpower damage”, “siege”, I get no results. So my Endless Space in-game Google-fu sucks. Help :)

Fifth Fret answered you. Titanium slugs.

OMG I’m blind! I totally missed his post. Sorry all!
* smacks forehead in embarrassment *

Ok another thing I can’t find a tooltip for. The Green Fertility Bill has a “+5% per Anomoly on Cononized Planet on Systems”. The symbol it references is a multicolored square thingie. What is that?

FIDS
Food
Industry
Dust
Science

I’m not sure, it may also be FIDSI, which includes Influence.

So, it looks like that would give a bonus to everything for each Anomaly. Sounds like a great Bill.

Woooo, I bet that’s it. I was also wondering if it was some of the classes or races because some colors relate to them (yellow = Industrialists etc). They really need tool-tips for things like that. I’m going to enact that bill now. Thanks!

Thanks for all the help. Now that I fully understand the game, I’m finding it a bit too easy on normal difficulty so will be bumping it up. The whole market thing is pretty very cool to have in the game.

Everyone reading - what is your favorite map type in the game, and also the size you prefer? And pirate strength?

I usually go with Random Map, and whatever size handles all the species. I think I currently have the Pirate Strength at default, because the AI was previously having trouble handling the pirates even on higher difficulties. I’ve heard that has been resolved, but I don’t know if that means Normal Pirates or Stronger.

I know the AI likes to Mark my systems so that the Pirates attack. Unfortunately, that mostly just means I get some more fleet experience. I will bump up their strength on my next game.

I bought this, hope you guys are not wrong!

Almost everything is colour coded to these resources (look at the icons of your buildings!). It’s easy to miss how many little things this game does to make the GUI easy to read and navigate, despite this being a much more ‘spreadsheet’ game at times than Civ.

Update 1.2.11 – Guardians & the Galaxy

[ADDITIONS & IMPROVEMENTS]
Added Unfallen population quest: Guardians & The Galaxy, created by community member StormAngel!
Added Make War Not Love Hero Reward, Karv Jezet, from the upcoming Unfallen comic!
Added side panel in the Diplomacy Screen that lists all ongoing contextual effects on your empire
Guardian Guides Traits have been added
Polished Event Notification visuals and animations
Added link to the Economy Screen when clicking the System Level in the System Management View
Added the option to click anywhere in the notification during the animation of the Curiosity Discovered and Empire Introduction Notifications to skip it
Added feedback for shield and weapon deactivation on ships affected by enemy EMP in the Battle Scan View
Reworked Happiness from System level for Vodyani into a trait, “Utopian Infrastructure” (also available in custom factions)
Added the battle tactics mini-cards in side panel of the military screen + polished and refined play cards
Added descriptions for the Empire improvements unlocked by the Victory technologies
Clarified effect of Zelevas Incarnate

[QUESTS]
The Stars Their Destination part 1 and 2 now both have the right Political Event feedback
Vodyani are now able to complete the Vaulters Chapter 4 Science Version
Fixed errors related to “Slingshot” quest

[PERFORMANCE]
Improved game loading time. Empire Chronicles will now be loaded over time when opening the Empire chronicles window, instead of during startup loading

[MODDING]
Horatio gameplay gene splicing no longer depends on the name of the AffinityGameplay, it checks instead if Empire property HasAffinityGeneHunter
Fixed custom (modded) planets not having a Scanview map
Fixed issues with custom (modded) unique planets not overriding their types visual

[FIXES]
Fixed error in “Suggested Technology” algorithm
“Halt Attacks” diplomatic term is no longer unavailable when there is one turn left to use it
Fixed errors related to “Scienceganza” Unique Improvement and Population Events
Fixed quest notification causing errors if there are several hidden choices
“Attack fleet” button tooltip now properly explains why Privateers cannot attack empires that are allied with the Pirates
The Entwined Celestial Vine progress now also appears on Special Nodes tooltips
Fixed an issue blocking access to DLC-specific notification pop up options when playing a game with shared access to the DLC
Fixed some anomalies appearing greyed out for no reason in the System Management View
Fixed Hero being shown as resurrected in space battle despite the entire fleet being destroyed/captured via boarding pod
“Crew killed per hit” effect is no longer displayed in the combat scan view when attacked ships have no manpower left
Fixed system blockade with privateers not working as intended
Fixed game failing to restart when it failed to start once (due to mods or other issues)
Fixed error caused by AI accepting to join an alliance and creating a new one at the same time
Fixed rare critical error on trading companies
Fixed saves getting stuck because of AI alliance issues
Becoming ally (peace/alliance) with an Empire whos blockading a players systems now un-blockades them without needing them to disable/re-enable the action
Unfallen ships no longer receive movement speed bonus on lanes which are covered by a partially finished vine (no change when the vine is fully finished)
Fixed error caused by fleets being attack-able while colonizing a system
Fixed Vaulters not receiving the law effect “+X happiness on systems for Y turns after colonizing a system”
Fixed Argosy “Create Portal” action not interrupting “Auto Explore” action
Fixed rare error occuring when a planet is destroyed, the system lost, and then recolonized
Fixed camera not reaching the farthest systems in the corners when playing on an exceptional twin elliptic galaxy
Fixed Pirate not always talking when the button “support” is clicked
Fixed Argosy colonization cost being improperly rounded in colonization tooltip
Fixed “Boarding pods extreme” module not being received upon completion of the Deed which rewards it
Fixed rare cases of game saves not being loadable
Fixed Manpower refund value not being shown in the tooltip of the “Scrap Ship” button
Fixed tooltip of the golden age icon in the Star system label displaying false information regarding its effects
“Peace and Prayer Act” now correctly prevents Arks from being peacefully converted
“Peace and Prayer Act” effect increased from +25 to +50 Essence per System under influence zone
Fixed custom factions with Vaulters gameplay not unlocking boarding pods properly
Fighters and bombers now appear in the modules list in the ship design view only when designing a compatible ship (large or carrier)
Adamantian Bombers icon is now properly colored
Fixed “Obelisk of All Space-Time” FIDSI effect not working properly
Fixed some minor faction actions not resulting in political effects on populations

I’ve played this a bit the last couple of nights, and it’s pretty fun. I’m not sure how much of the fun comes from not knowing what the heck I am doing. Trying to avoid restarting to do things “the right way”.

Just save and reload battles to learn how different battle cards work and how it effects outcomes. It can be very drastic.