Endless Space 2

I picked up the full pack plus expansions (I had played some of the original Endless Space, and it helped). I’m still on my first “tutorial” game with the human empire and I’m enjoying it, but I do have one complaint:

I have maybe 10 hours in on the game, and I only have one steam achievement. They could have done a slightly better job of designing those little rewards, IMHO.

Happy Birthday from one Leo to another.

Loving the lava people! My first game out of the gate saw me up against the Forgotten on a tiny island. I stole their city, they hit me with a half dozen plus espionage actions, and I lavaformed a siege spot on their capital and killed them. Having a fiery good time!

Thanks! :) When’s yours?

Saturday the 4th. Obama’s, too.

Add me for the trifecta!

I’m still waiting for Obama to invite me over for a joint celebration.

Uh, what? You’re talking about Endless Space 2 here? Are you sure you didn’t mean to post this in another thread?

The Endless Legend and Endless Space 2 DLCs both came out today, and people have been talking about both in here.

Ironically, I’ve forgotten who the Forgotten are in Endless Legend. I guess I’ll find out again when I play.

Aha! Thanks, that explains it.

I’m an anyone that meets your criteria! Happy Birthday!

You live here? Awesome! We need to get together sometime soon!

Feels good knowing I’m the oldest of the 4 of us.

With age comes wisdom, so there is that :-)

Happy birthday to all of you having birthdays in this thread! ;)

Okay, my thoughts on ES2 Supremacy: not good.

The art design of the Hissho is a high point. The rest of be design - to me at least - seems confused, cluttered and unfocused. Behemoths - the main selling point - simply try to do far too much all at once.

Meanwhile the Hissho are merely okay - a lot of their unique selling point is starting with a behemoth. But these mechanics are not interesting enough to support the faction, making them feel quite dull to play.

I still like ES2 but this is one expansion I won’t be keeping ticked on, even if that means losing the glorious Hissho ships.

I’ll have to disagree :)

I’m really enjoying the “interesting” decisions the Behemoths have added, and the additional tactical options (and strategic with the Obliterator class) presented. To me, it enhances the combat game which was needed.

New update, renegade fleets!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/392110?snr=1_41_4__42

An update that adds “renegade fleets” seems like it would be a pretty cool thing! But this is just a set of ship skins. :(

-Tom

The new skins may be underwhelming, but the new update to Endless Space 2 adds AI modding. This feature has been in (closed?) beta for at least a year, but it’s now open to everyone. I’m hoping we’ll see new AI mods soon!

Info on how to mod the AI here: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/75-modding/threads/27061-01-how-to-create-an-ai-mod

That’s something I wish all strategy games would do. Hopefully some interesting work comes out of it!