Endless Space 2

Wait, the Research one has me scratching my head:

So you can just skip fusion missiles and blue lasers and the like and go straight to planet-melting deathlazers?

Seems that way, very balanced! :)

This sure is an odd way to do early access.

Perhaps there needs to be a new category: Earlier Access.

Pre-Dawn Access

With the Earliest Access Founders Pack they mail you the paper prototype pieces.

You know, if the research thing was intentional, I wouldn’t be 100% opposed to it. I mean, sure, you can try to skip a bunch of stepping-stone technologies and jump straight to the highest techs in the game, but your research generation is going to be minuscule and maybe you get a bunch of penalties for not having first learned prior technologies that led up to it. That could be interesting and leave you far behind the other races in the interim, which would likely lead to a loss. I’m not opposed to such a radical approach like doing away with the standard tech tree progression, but the impression I have is just… “Uh, shit, well we haven’t had a time to lay these all out in order yet, so we’ll just toss all our techs in pot and let y’all go at it”. That’s not very appealing.

Buy in now for “Initial Concept Art Access” and we’ll throw in a photo copy of the napkin we scribbled our design doc on just a few days ago!

Yeah it’s weird that they want to show the product to the public if so much isn’t there. Are they hurting for cash or something?

Wait, am I right that this version is limited to only 100 turns?

Probably just Sega bullshit.

Say wha… ?

EDIT: Dang, this is sounding really, really, bare bones. I think I’m going to have to pass until it’s further along. I’m not sure how much fun there would be in a strategy game this early along in development.

It is, yes. At least for now.

How’s Stars In Shadow shaping up?

Bahahahahahahha, just fine.

Well, I’ve bought the Early Access, limits and all, because I know I’ll buy this game eventually anyway. I’m curious to see how things look, and early reviews look positive. E.g., RPS says the early access is “bold and a bit rough.” https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/30/endless-space-2-review-early-access/

I’ll report on my impressions here.

I’ll probably do the same myself, because Amplitude got a lot of cred with me after Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.

Yeah, I picked it up already. I’m going to buy it eventually anyway, and hey, 25% discount! Plus this way I have it and can mess around with it even if it isn’t done.

Just picked this up too. It has the best UI I think I’ve played with in a very long time. In alpha its better than Beyond Earth.

Yeah, those are all fair points!