Endless Space 2

Tell that to United Kingdom.

Ok back to game, is it worth buying yet?

If you’re interested in seeing how the game is shaping up and want some of the bonuses that come with becoming an early adopted (I forget what they are), then sure. It’s imminently playable, up to 200 turns now, I think. If, however, you want a complete game, then you needn’t jump in just yet. Amplitude’s EA games are fairly polished, though.

Playability is just around the corner! Sorry, sometimes a typo is just too perfect.

I will leave it as it is then. :-P

But yes, eminently playable.

Anyone touch this recently? I held off on MOO knowing I will get this sooner or later.

Petty much a Trump/Putin mashup dream video :)

I haven’t tried the latest build, but I think it has all but the last era of tech now. I think it is still missing a couple major and maybe some minor races?

The roadmap is here. We’re on Update 1.

Very nice! Thanks Kevin.

Maybe it would be nice to pick this up now and play a game or 2 at each major update. I hope they can get the AI a little stronger than their other games - not expecting miracles though.

Thanks Kevin

Update 2 , preview tonight!

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/blog/493-endless-day-stream-celebration

I haven’t watched it yet, but they have a video of the preview here.

That looks pretty good. The gene splicing is a cool idea. I may need to pick this up during the preorder discount period.

I grabbed it last week and played around with it for a bit. Lots of good ideas that, if properly fleshed out, can turn this into another winner.

Off the top of your head, do you know what the main additions / changes are form Endless Space 1?

They took several things from Endless Legends - the tech tree is broken into “eras”, but once an era has been unlocked you can research whatever you want whenever you want. Factions seems to be more distinct, and there are faction-specific quest chains.

There’s also a pretty robust political system, with different parties that gain stature depending on the improvements your build and quests you complete. I’m not sure how deep that will turn out to be, because it seems to be the one system least fully implemented at this point.

The battle system appears much improved. I’m going take a plunge on early access when the next patch is released, as Endless Legend is one of my favourite games and this looks like it could compete for that spot. Assuming I do, I’ll try to post some thoughts.

I checked out Update 2 on the Preview branch. Looks like some nice improvements, but it’s a bit of a hot mess at the moment (completely expected for a Preview branch of a major update of an Early Access game, it’s like a beta of a beta!). Looking forward to checking it out further once the update is out on the main branch!

UPDATE 2!!!

HORATIO!

http://wiki.endless-space.com/factions/horatio