England allies with Satan

At least one of its soldiers is.

I’m thinking this guy can’t get killed in battle, right? He’s protected by the Dark Lord and all.

Oh that’s not gonna go over very well with his shipmates, I think.

Jesus Christ

Unless they are attacked at sea and want to hedge their bets. :)

I’ve always wanted to meet a committed Satanist. I’ve wanted to haul off and punch them just to see if they are capable of moral outrage. I’d be interested to find out.

The funny thing is, I always thought being a fully committed, completely honest, genuine Satanist to be pretty much impossible for more than, say, 30 seconds. It’s often been said the Christianity is the “impossible religion” because it places so much emphasis on living a life devoted the service of others. Hence Nietzsche’s famous remark that there was only one true Christian and he died on the cross. But I really think Satanism would be just about cognitively impossible for anyone who had a thoughtful understanding of Christian theology. Furthermore, being in the Royal Navy, where you subsume your own personal desires and instead risk your life in service to your country and its citizens strikes me as pretty out of line with orthodox Satanism. I could be wrong, though. Hell, Satanism could be going through PR makeover right now for all I know.

John Ringo is laughing his ass off right now.

Hmm. If you actually knew anything about Satanism you’d probalby discover that it was the perfect religion for you.

Look out Preston, you’re going to get the worst painted nail gouging of your life!

Perhaps he’s just one of these guys…
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0441003257/102-5702859-2792921?v=glance

Most of the members of the covent were old-fashioned Satanists, like their parents and grandparents before them. They’d been brought up to it and weren’t, when you got right down to it, particularly evil. Human beings mostly aren’t. They just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people. Offer people a new creed with a costume and their hearts and minds will follow.

Yes, just because you worship an evil God doesn’t make you an evil person.

I know lots of good and kind people who worship this horrible, vindictive Hebrew wargod named Yahweh…

badum-ching!

Satanism has very little to do with Christian theology, except that it’s a reaction against the wholesale nature of Christian love. Satanists believe you should love your neightbor as he deserves, not as yourself.

They just call it Satanism for shock value, as faw as I can tell. They don’t pray to “The Adversary” found in Job, certainly.

No, no, no. Read the link!

Laveyan Satanism always struck me as being tailor made for angry adolescents who aren’t really bright enough to understand Aleister “Ol’ Bullethead” Crowley.

Which a Satanist would probably find uncharitable. But charity is a Christian value, so I run circles around their logic! Next thing you know, they’ve run off to the bathroom to cast an evil spell at me, and also to fix their running mascara.

But you, of course, are stuck in your pathetic, simplistic, dualistic, mode, and therefore are totally unable to realize that your sad belief is not logic at all, and your vampire god does not hear your prayers, nor does he come to your aid.

(I can also do an excellent zen buddhist, but that’s neither here nor there.)

Next thing you know, they’ve run off to the bathroom to cast an evil spell at me, and also to fix their running mascara.

Unfortunately Tammy Faye is hogging the mirror.

This is why I love Christianity. When I see a beggar on the street, I don’t have to think, “Now just how much does this person deserve to be loved?” I just love him/her regardless. Or when I see a teen mother, I don’t have to think, “How much did she bring this on herself?” I just love her regardless. And honestly, it doesn’t really bother me that my love may not be returned, because my love for them understands that they may not love me back. It truely brings me more peace than when I was more secular.

This is why I love secular humanism. I’m just nice to everybody because that’s the way it should be.

(Except right wingers, fascists, communists, etc…)

Just reading this thread, I feel so loved! It’s like living through years of Barney, all over again.

Even when you look at that street beggar knowing that no matter how much you love him, your god will throw his eternal soul into the pits of hell for the rest of time because of the deadly sins he’s just committed?

Just sayin’ ;)

Actually, due to original sin, he’s born damned to hell, so commiting sins is just his legacy. Only by accepting the sacrifice and forgiveness of Jesus Christ can he avoid the eternal fires of damnation.

If you take the modern protestant logic even further it makes the Abortion argument that much more urgent, since, if those “unborn” are aborted they’re going straight to hell.

Well, not straight, since strictly speaking, the status of hell before the final days is somewhat unclear. But definitely after the kingdom of God returns to the earth 1,000 years after the rapture.

This is why I love Christianity. When I see a beggar on the street, I don’t have to think, “Now just how much does this person deserve to be loved?” I just love him/her regardless. Or when I see a teen mother, I don’t have to think, “How much did she bring this on herself?” I just love her regardless. And honestly, it doesn’t really bother me that my love may not be returned, because my love for them understands that they may not love me back. It truely brings me more peace than when I was more secular.[/quote]
You know, I’ve always found that the most tolerant and forgiving people are fundamentalist Christians.
Suuuuuuuure.

“Fundamentalist” Christians have perverted the teachings of Christ, no arguement there.