Enlisted - FTP, Open Beta - PS5, Series X and PC

Turn off the aim acceleration in the options.

It is on PC, but you download it from their site, not from another storefront.

I would never have thought that’s what that option controlled.

Why would that option even exist? It’s terrible.

No idea. I could feel it right away when I started playing and figured it was that setting. It felt exactly like acceleration. I know some fps games have had it on console before. Maybe even Battlefield? It’s gross.

So I played this on PC. Downloaded client, skipped Tutorial, and played with default settings. Picked Eastern Front campaign.

Initially I wasn’t wowed and it felt like every other WWII shooter as I was running through small cottages in a fairly bog standard encounter.

But I gave it some time and our side (Axis I think) lost a control point so I started spawning in a different location–a massive Cathedral or fortress made of white stone that was truly an impressive piece of game architecture. I had spawned in as a sniper and climbed a ton of scaffolding up to a bombed-out rooftop and started sniping guys from this really tall tower and then the experience clicked. After that I started having Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan moments right and left. I was sniping the enemy from pretty amazing distances (these are massive maps) and the tension was high as the enemy team started to zero in on my position with bolt action rifles and an armored vehicle. At this stage in the game if you go prone in some cluttered scenery you can really start shooting fish in a barrel as they run into your field of fire like they are heroes from a Call of Duty game. As the community coalesces and gets wiser I suspect I won’t have the same fortune in the future.

The spawn mechanic is really interesting and reminds me of the Vignettes of Battlefield 1 and V. When you die you are given a range of respawn options that sometimes teleports you into an AI soldier that was mere feet from the body you just died in. I also kept switching roles too. The devs figured out an interesting spawn system that doesn’t keep players out of the game too much, but retains some of the realism and hardcore trappings the theme is going for. The spawn system also builds in a touch of ‘death cam vengeance’ in that there are no death cams, but since you often spawn near your last body you may have an inkling of where that troublesome sniper is and can prepare for him/her in this life.

I came into this with my guard up and prepared to despise it, but sort of fell in love due to the presentation of massive scope battles with really impressive architecture.

I cannot make heads or tails of the monetization system and I have a sneaking suspicion that the F2P aspect will end up being gross and ruining the pure enjoyment I am experiencing now in the early days in the game. I hope I am wrong.

Like Insurgency (modern setting) or Tannenberg (WWI setting) this seems to straddle a fine line between accessibility and realism. Worth a look now and will be interesting to see how the monetization impacts the game.

Thanks, I clicked “play now”, and then on the next screen saw the “Play on PS5” and “Play on Xbox” buttons so got confused.

Holy shit they charge you for everything. You literally have to buy individual guns for each guy. You don’t unlock a gun, you buy a SINGLE gun.

Those are my fears. I feel like I will have a fun week with this than face plant into the monetization shit. Too bad if that comes to pass. This would have been an awesome premium game.

Yeah, this kind of just feels like a poor man’s battlefield.

You can reload. There is an ammo box, default key to use it is “F” I believe. Don’t stay standing when you try to throw those nades at that rather close target :p

At first I wasn’t all that impressed. I even logged out and went and played some Rocket League. But I found myself thinking I should go back and rebind the keys and try a couple things and the next thing you know it was 3am.
It ain’t the greatest thing since OFP. But, I had fun. The each player leads a squad thing sounded really cool, but in practice your squaddies are morons and serve mostly as a source of respawns if you get killed. Assuming they stay alive that long.
But the gun play feels good. The graphics are good enough. The fights were actually pretty fun. I’ve been playing a LOT of Hell Let Loose lately, and this is different enough I was having fun with it and not comparing it constantly to HLL. Heck, one thing I can say for the squaddies here is they stick with you, unlike squads of real players in HLL !

That motion thing is almost certainly some sort of controller assist. I did not experience anything unusual but I did mess with the configs a bit.

And like others have mentioned, I imagine given its War Thunder/Gaijin heritage it will eventually mature into a grindfest. But for now its amusing enough. I’m headed there now, and trying to talk a couple of my HLL buds into trying it. Vive la différence!

You misunderstand what I said. Yes the options are there for off/console only/ all, but first of all those options are broken and don’t work in one of the modes at all, secondly they control who you get put into matches with. You still can’t group up and invite a friend from another platform which is what I was being asked if you could do. You can get put into games with people on PC as a console player, but you can’t choose to play with your friends on PC.

The grind is amazing, but the game is also perfectly playable free. The battle pass and premium in particular are the best buys if you are spending money. Battle pass actually gives you back a bit extra than you paid if you complete it, but keep in mind it’s gated how much you can earn a day so if you can’t play ‘enough’ you can’t complete it. Not sure the math there.

The game is full of stuff that is borderline p2w, but all of it could be argued as pay to skip or pay to advance than pay to win. The optics are far worse than it is.

You get requisitions constantly and use those to get guns and equipment. It’s definitely where the grind for upgrades is, but again even free it’s doable. As you finish battle tasks (challenges) you get requisitions and they replenish as you finish them and don’t run out. The current issue with them is they don’t look at what you have unlocked before giving you a challenge so you could get a challenge to kill people with a flamethrower before you have it unlocked. This is being looked into and you also get rerolls (a few a day plus a new one for every two you complete)

I didn’t feel the pay to win looking at how it all worked. Pay to advance? Yeah, that’s there. It reminded me of Battlefield’s Premium packs that let you buy the gun unlocks without the grind.

And again, given their lethality, almost any gun seems totally viable. You just have to think situationally to make sure you’re in the right range pocket to use what you have well.

Also, throw those grenades and dynamite around!

Tried this last night.

Nah. Not for me. Or more accurately, I see no reason why I would play this over other MP shooters that don’t lock their toys behind separate purchases.

Good luck.

Yeah, this is where I’m at.

There’s nothing about it that makes it better than a game like battlefield. Indeed, a lot of the base mechanics feel significantly worse.

I’ll probably try it one more time, just to give it a fair shake (outriders grew on me after a bit), but the initial impression is not great.

Some of the rounds of this are wonderfully one-sided, based on who has unlocked what.

I just played a round in Normandy where the allies didn’t manage to get 15 feet out of their spawn for the whole game because they’d be instantly smashed by a Bf-110 that was just doing lazy circles for repeated strafing runs.

I tried shooting at him a few times with my bolt action rifle, but it turns out that’s not very effective.

Yeah, if you want to spend money, you can just get a plane and murder everyone.

I managed to get to Army Level 3 today, so I’m one level from getting a plane myself. It’s an I-153 biplane which looks like garbage, but people who played War Thunder planes know that that thing absolutely wrecks.

I spent some bronze logistics tokens on weapons today and that turned out to be a lucky decision, because I got two 5-star sub machineguns and a 5-star rifle, which is much better than anything I’ve pulled with the silver logistics tokens.

The fact that you have to buy weapons for every soldier and each has its own level and then you also need to grind, unlock and buy ammo pouches, back packs and everything else is quintessential Gaijin.

I uninstalled this morning. I figured I would leave it with the great memories I had last night instead of sticking with it and letting the F2P stuff whiten my knuckles and raise my blood pressure. Let the game die a hero.

I guess I just play the game and don’t really worry too much about unlocks and all that. The core gameplay is cool and I really like the maps. Lots of places to use cover and flank.

If the gameplay is there, the stuff will come eventually. I can play this sometimes and Battlefield too. It’s not an exclusive club on my hard drive.