Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

All I can hear is the death sound.

Journey vs Nier , that 1 vote lead! D:

Nothing new today?

Sorry for forgetting to post the new round yesterday.

StarCraft and Journey advance.

Match 23:

• Titanfall 2
  • Super Mario Galaxy

0 voters

Match 24:

• Persona 5
  • Final Fantasy VI

0 voters

I’ll be sad if Titanfall 2 loses, but not too sad, as the Super Mario Galaxy theme is both amazing and iconic.

Super Mario Galaxy and Final Fantasy VI advance.

Match 25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTF1lzrdjg

• No Man’s Sky
  • Nex Machina

0 voters

Match 26:

• Street Fighter II
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer

0 voters

I honestly expected to be in the minority on both of these. Interesting.

I can’t believe I just voted against Guile’s Theme, but it just did not hold up against Necrodancer.

Nex Machina was the clear winner in match 25 for me. I like the piano melody of the NMS track but I didn’t enjoy the wall of sound much, despite being partial to one.

I love the Guile theme but no matter how many blows it landed, Crypt of the Necrodancer kept getting back up.

He’s done most of the soundtrack I believe and Danny Bararowsky even left a comment!

Nex Machina and Crypt of the Necrodancer advance.

Match 27:

• Zelda
  • Morrowind

0 voters

Match 28:

(in case the tags don’t work, the nomination is just track 2, Dies Irae.)

• Final Fantasy X
  • Fantasy General

0 voters

One of the easier brackets for me.

Oh, you think Dies Irae is everywhere? Get into neoclassical metal, it really is everywhere.

Morrowind and Final Fantasy X advance.

Match 29:

• Total Annihilation
  • Super Smash Bros.

0 voters

Match 30:

• Republic
  • Civilization IV

0 voters

Ouch! That Republic track is great, but it’s up against an 800lb. gorilla!

Yeah seriously. That Republic track is superb but, Baba. As my girlfriend just said ‘I guess the 800lb gorillas get to fight together’.

That Attack! piece does so little for me compared to Smash. Come on @DaveLong ;)

I used to leave the Civ IV up on the menu just to listen to that piece. He released a YouTube video that made it easier to listen to later.

Matchups are getting tough now. TA versus Mario was a knife-edge choice for me. The Republic piece is lovely, but up against Baba Yetu? Sorry, dude.

Incidentally, because I never get tired of pointing it out, this IMO is the ultimate version of Baba Yetu.

Wow, getting chills watching that.

I loved wheeling my Commander around to that tune in Total Annihilation but Smash is tops.

The music of all the Smash games is like the soundtrack of my life for the last fifteen years or so since my kids would play it so much.

I think that’s a great recording with some really strong vocals, but I felt like they overdid them towards the end there. I love the wood instrument sound of it too. The only live version I’ve seen/heard was one Christopher Tin conducted in 2016. It’s not got the same fullness and vocal power of the VGL recording but I appreciate the breathing room the orchestra get!