Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

Heheh, yeah, that was me too this morning. I sleepily loaded the page up and just played Caprice over breakfast, skipping Disco Descent. Lovely.

I’m a big fan of textural and evocative ambient music and I’m glad to see something like Caprice getting this far. While it might not move my body like more ‘exciting’ music does, it moves my mind. Caprice embodies the quieter feeling of exploring and being in the world, like From Past To Present does in Skyrim, more than the main themes do (which evoke perhaps the grander journey overall). They take me places. Hell, they make me want to play Elder Scrolls games before I catch myself and remember how much I don’t like them.

Vigil is the other standout ambient piece for me here, and the vocal-less version of Glass (despite having heard neither before). May more ambient music enter the thunderdome in future!

I’ve got to say, after hearing the Soweto Gospel Choir version of Baba Yetu, the male vocal section from 0:55-1:10 sounds so flat to me. It sticks out every time. So in this instance, with Phendrana in the other corner… I’m fruitlessly voting against Tin.