Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

SF 2 Guile and Halo

Strong round! I do really like Guile’s theme, but I have to give this one to Katamari Damacy and Etrian Odyssey III.

I changed my vote and edited my post. Do we need to let you know when we do that, or do you wait to tally everything until the deadline?

Street Fighter II and Etrian Odyssey III*.

I tally at the deadline. Edits are fine.

Etrian Odyssey III
Katamari Damacy

Group S:

Katamari Damacy and Street Fighter 2

Group S:
Etrian Odyssey III
Halo

Another seriously hard group to judge, I liked them all. I honestly feel bad for the two that didn’t make the cut.

And this is why. These were all very strong tracks and pretty unique or well done from most perspectives.

Katamari Damacy and SF2. Etrian Odyssey was very good as well.

Surprised Gabriel Knight scored so well last round!

The real standout for me this group is Katamari Damacy. That whole soundtrack is brilliant and so full of life. The artists sounded like they had so much fun putting it all together.

I quite liked the Etrian Odyssey track but I was struck by how driven the main Halo theme is and how it shifts around vocally. The piano bit at the end was pleasant. I’ve played neither game before.

My first exposure to Street Fighter 2 was on the Amiga, which was apparently a bad port and didn’t have the same music (but it was still pretty good). That said, the Guile theme I still recognise and appreciate. Pushing Onwards from the VVVVVV soundtrack also conspicuously uses a segment of it!

Edit: Katamari Fighter 2

Street Fighter and Halo for me

Group T

Featuring nominations from @HUMBY50, @Miguk, @geggis, and @Shimarenda.

Crypt of the Necrodancer and Mass Effect.

Group S Results:

Another very close round. If I hadn’t been tied up and had tallied at the normal time, we would have had a tie between SF2 and EO3, but @HUMBY50 broke it.

Katamari Damacy: 16
Street Fighter 2: 12
Etrian Odyssey III: 11
Halo: 8

Necrodancer and ME1

Deus ex is okay I guess, Did anyone nominate anything from Human Revolution?

necrodancer and Gods

YAY! My opinion matters!

Crypt of the Necrodancer and Deus Ex.

Crypt of the Necrodancer and Deus Ex, for sure.

Ohhhhh, now I get it.

Mass Effect and Deus Ex

I landed in such a tough bracket.