Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

Monkey Island and Morrowind

When I was looking for the youtube link I also found the Roland MT-32 version of the soundtrack - it does generally sound better (but not a couple hundred bucks better) @krayzkrok you might like this version more!
Still, I went with the AdLib version for its more distinctive twang in the beginning, and it was the one I knew from childhood.

The God of War track was a snarling beast. Was it stopped short at the end? Either way, I enjoyed it a lot even if it did get a little long in the tooth towards the end.

I love the Monkey Island theme, particularly the first game’s, and this version is a lot softer than the Amiga sound I’m used to! I think I prefer this because it fits better with the relaxed reggae vibe.

Freedom Fighters packed a lot into its paltry 56 seconds but it still seemed to end abruptly, like it was in the middle of a section. That must be the shortest track so far too, but what a powerful entry nonetheless.

I don’t remember the Caprice track from Morrowind but it’s Soule so… it’s gorgeous, as expected.

I’ve got to go for Monkey Island for that melody, and Morrowind for the atmosphere and feel. Those tracks speak to me.

That’s got a much cleaner and richer sound, particularly that crescendo in the middle, but I think the AdLib version is… warmer(?) and has a little more character. Perhaps. They’re both great!

Group V remains open for the next few hours.

Group W:

Featuring nominations from @SamS, @krayzkrok, @CraigM, and @CLWheeljack.

Group V: Morrowind and God of War.

Group W:

CnC Red Alert: Hell March and FFX To Zanarkand

Command & Conquer: Red Alert and Final Fantasy X

Hell March would’ve absolutely been one of my own nominations had it not already been chosen.

Red Alert and Descent 2

Red Alert and FF X

Red Alert and Descent 2

Final Fantasy X and Persona 3

Hell March to Zanarkand

Group V Results:

Morrowind: 15
Monkey Island 2: 12
God of War: 6
Freedom Fighters: 1

Group W: Descent 2, Persona 3.

Red Alert and Final Fantasy X

Luckily for all of us, there was a third Monkey Island, and music technology had progressed even further by then!

It’s also the best game of the series. COME AT ME

And even a 4th one, and even more discutable arrangements!

I’m with @krayzkrok there. The first one was beautiful in its simplicity.

Red Alert and Persona 3.

(and for what it’s worth, I’m in the “Curse of Monkey Island is the best in the series” camp)

Red Alert

Red Alert