Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

It loops after about three minutes. Next time around, need to insist on start and end tags if you’re going to nominate part of a long video.

Ah thanks.

Group Z: Super Smash Brothers, International Karate

Super Smash Bros Melee and Chrono Cross

My votes as well.

NieR & International Karate

Group Y Results:

Rayman Legends: 13
Total Annihilation: 10
Divinity 2: 8
Shadowrun Dragonfall: 4

Chrono Cross and Neir Automata

I guess I missed a group!

Chrono Cross and Super Smash Bros!

P.S.: @geggis, I wish I’d thought of Jim Guthrie for this!

Smash Bros and Near Manitoba

Smash Bros, International Karate

If I’m only going to vote for C64 tune here, it’s going to be IK. Gordon posted it in some other thread a while ago and I was blown away by it then, and still am. I might be cheating a little bit here, because a big part of my enjoyment of International Karate is the oscilloscope visualization. I’m going to pretend that it just allowed me to better appreciate the music. I learned from one of the comments that this theme is an adaptation of a song by Ryuichi Sakamoto, which is interesting, butI don’t think diminishes the achievement of the C64 theme. They’re different pieces, and the achievement of the chiptune stands on its own.

The other songs are good, but Fountain of Dreams is a powerhouse. I never played Chrono Cross, but I’m struck by how similar the sound palette is to the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, despite being on different hardware.

Incidentally, thanks to the scrolling / auto-play bug in Discourse, I’ve begun to appreciate the game of listening to all 4 entries at once and seeing what sticks out the most. If I had more time and editing skill, I’d consider trying to make a quick mashup of each group.

There’s a much better version, but it is kind of a spoiler, so I went with the “standard” one.

Super Smash Bros. Melee and Nier: Automata are my picks.

Trivia for the Smash tune… that’s actually a remake of Gourmet Race from Kirby Super Star however it is now pretty much known as Fountain of Dreams. It’s track 8 on the Kirby 20th Anniversary Music CD. Get Up and Go-Urmet!

Nintendo’s adoration for their earlier compositions is always on full display in Smash. Love it.

Gonna have to be

Super Smash Bros: Melee - "Fountain of Dreams"
and
Chrono Cross - "The Dream that Time Dreams"

for me this go around, but that International Karate track was hot action!!!

Karate and Melee

Weight of the World was decent. I imagine if I played the game, the emotion connection would have put it over the top.

International Karate and Smash Bros

Super Smash Brothers and Chrono Cross

International Karate’s furyous mix, of course.

Group AA

Featuring nominations from @krayzkrok, @Shimarenda, @wumpus, and @BrianRubin.