Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

I liked all the tracks this round. Baba Yetu is a given but of the others I think I’ve got to go with the sun-kissed kitsch of OutRun. Not that familiar with the original but this sounded weirdly cool. I like to imagine this guy playing the sax: (Warning: earworm!)

Zuntata are amazing. Some of the greatest video game music of all time, specifically arcade games, has come from that group inside Taito, hence Darius Gaiden is my pick even though I know it won’t win.

Outrun 2006’s version of Magical Sound Shower isn’t the best arrangement. I like the original best tbh. That said, it’s one of my favorite game soundtracks of all time and never gets old for me so Outrun 2006 it is.

Here’s FAKE! performed live…

Group AA Results:

Age of Wonders 3: 14
Republic: 11
Emperor of the Fading Suns: 6
Rocket Jockey: 3

Group AC:

Featuring nominations from @HUMBY50, @Soren_Hoglund, @CraigM, and @playingwithknives.

Civ IV & Darius are my votes for AB.

Gotta go with

Turrican II - "The Final Fight"
and
Metroid Prime - "Phendrana Drifts"

for this one :)

Monty On The Run and Turrican II

Here’s a fantastic rehersal of the orchestral version of Monty

Neotokyo and Monty on the Run

Last group , baba yetu and outrun

Next one, just Monty … Can’t hear others at moment but Monty is magnificent I’m sure it would be one of my two.

Group AC:

Metroid Prime - “Phendrana Drifts” and Monty On The Run

Monty on the run and turrican ii

Neotokyo and Metroid Prime.

Neo Tokyo and Monty, though both Turrican and Metroid were contenders.

Group AB Results:

Civilization IV: 19
Dustforce: 12
Outrun 2006: 8
Darius Gaiden: 3

Monty on the run

If I had had a bar mitzvah, I would have wanted it to be SID powered.

Whoops, missed voting on AB, but I would’ve voted Civ 4 + Dustforce, so my votes don’t matter. Thanks, gerrymandering!

For AC: Turrican 2, Metroid Prime

I think the OP nominating Metroid Prime said everything I might have to say about it, but the feeling of quiet loneliness is just so good.

It might be a generational thing, but I don’t really understand the love for Monty on the Run. It’s fine, but I just don’t see it as an instant classic that some here do. (Edit: Actually, listening to the orchestral version, I kind of get it a little more, I guess. I think the C64 sound waves just aren’t for me).

Metroid Prime
Monty On The Run: This is the first chip tune I voted for, so that’s saying something for it.