Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

I enjoyed Tristram a lot more this time and nearly voted for it but The Last of Us theme carries a lot of emotional weight that I can’t squirm free of! I never played Diablo but that’s a wonderfully textural and dark piece that fits what I’m guessing is a picture of the place.

I also enjoyed The Last Express end credits more this time too, but… it’s up against the Skyrim theme which would have been one of my submissions had it not been taken already!

It suddenly occurred to me no one nominated anything from Outlaws…

Some of these outcomes have made me too sad (a bit of hyperbole).

Dying time’s here!

That was appropriate :-)

That scene is brilliant. The camera work. The music… so good.

It really is!

There is way, way too much great game music to fit in a single Thunderdome.

I still love the Dovahkiin section even though I’ve probably heard it a million times now.

Heartbroken that Mass Effect 2 didn’t make it further (sorry Jack Wall, probably should have nominated End Run instead) but at least it lost to Bastion, which is one of my favorite finds from the Thunderdome. Never played Bastion (shame!) but I was considering one of the Transistor songs as one of my four picks.

You and me both on Transistor. That said Bastion is brilliant, you really should play it. Some of the best audio work in any game ever, large or small.

Same here, I don’t even really want another Elder Scrolls game , just the next soundtrack. :p

I do. I like what those guys make specifically in the Elder Scrolls universe and I think it’s a shame they haven’t followed up Skyrim yet. I’m sure they love the long legs it’s had at retail but I don’t think that would stop with another game in the series. Maybe it’s because they’re not sure what setting to use next? How do you top the Dragons, maybe?

Fallout just doesn’t interest me the way the setting of the Elder Scrolls does.

I always want more Elder Scrolls single player CRPGs.

Diablo II and Skyrim advance.

Match 19:

• Baldur’s Gate II
  • VVVVVV

0 voters

Match 20:

• Legend of Grimrock
  • Before the Storm

0 voters

Match 19 was tough. I listened to both a few times and while I was surprised how much more I enjoyed the Baldur’s Gate II theme this time (nearly voting for it), Passion for Exploring is a classic overworld theme. I’ve heard it so much over the years I think I might be a little numb to its magic.

God, I don’t remember what I said about Glass originally but it really spoke to me this time. So much so I’d happily see hear it knock plenty of others out the 'dome. Beautiful. I need 10 hours of it.

That reminds me so much of this awesome SNL short:

BTW, I noticed that “Still Alive” from Portal was one of the songs in the tournament, but what about the other “Still Alive,” the one from Mirror’s Edge?

Haha, that was brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Oh no, I thought it was the short version! It didn’t play for me either so I found another video. Now you mention it I think you’re right that it was the vocals version…

Edit: I’ve kept my vote on Before The Storm, but I still prefer the instrumental Glass.

Baldur’s Gate II and Before the Storm advance.

Match 21:

• StarCraft
  • Rimworld

0 voters

Match 22:

• Journey
  • NieR: Automata

0 voters