Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

Yesterday’s matches stay open for a couple more hours.

Match 35:

• Brigador
  • Morrowind

0 voters

Match 36:

• Baldur’s Gate
  • Max Anarchy

0 voters

You have my sword!

C’monnnnnnn synthwave! Live! Live damn you!

Donkey Kong Country and Interstate '76 advance.

Now it’s up to Monty to carry the SID torch. :(

Meant to put this up earlier, but here’s the round 2 bracket

Ooof, some brutal rounds coming up.

Heck, THIS round was tough. I just voted against Morrowind. I can’t believe it. Solo Nobre Must Fall was just so well done.

Solo Nobre is really good, but when I played the Morrowind theme again, I knew there was but one way.

/runs off to reinstall Morrowind and a billion mods

Yeah same, only, Morrowind did very little for me beyond the music and world so I’ll pass on reinstalling it! That Brigador piece is great though so I’m absolutely fine with it going through.

Of all these tunes the Baldur’s Gate track hasn’t grown on me in the slightest. It just seems so generic and forgettable. That’s definitely my blind spot in this Thunderdome.

When I first played Morrowind in 2002 I played the hell out of it but was also highly critical of it in lots of ways. It’s the (physical) world building that stuck with me and seems to get better as time goes on. Vvardenfell is one of the truly great, brilliantly realized physical settings in games, I think. A flawed game in many other ways.

Brigador and Baldur’s Gate advance.

Match 37:

• Streets of Rage 2
  • Katamari Damacy

0 voters

Match 38:

• Portal
  • Red Alert

0 voters

Streets of Rage vs. Katamari Damacy… ouch!

Please, the choice is easy.

I’m super-thrilled Brigador advanced. Once I got over my own nostalgia about Morrowind, switching my vote was easy.

yeah, personally I’ll probably vote for it into the Elite Beat 8, but that might be where it ends.

But it is one I’d handicap highly, it ranks in my personal top 5 for the contest. It’ll probably be, my guess, where Portal gets ousted.

Possibly.

Damn… Portal vs Red Alert , I had to vote against myself. Dat sweet Hell March.

One of the only remaining songs I actually want to push ahead.

The best possible ending of this contest is Hell March vs. Baba Yetu with Hell March by 1 in the final.