Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

I actively disliked Amx Anarchy in a way I can not describe. So think of it not as a vote for Baldurs Gate. Sorry Dave!

I’d be voting against Monty a lot more often if it was getting matched up against tracks I actually like, but the bracket is hugely lopsided as far as my musical preferences are concerned, so it keeps scraping by over tracks I don’t care for.

As far as The Elder Scrolls games go, the only track in the franchise that gets any special treatment from me is Nerevar Rising. The rest of the TES tracks that have gotten my votes are because of comparatively weak matchups.

How can you hate a song with “I’m going nuts! Cashews. Hit em with the combos like fast food!”

Red Alert and Monty on the Run advance.

Match 53:

• Skyrim
  • Before the Storm

0 voters

Edit: Poll closed because I pasted the wrong video link at first. See the new poll a couple posts down.

Match 54:

• StarCraft
  • Super Mario Galaxy

0 voters

Is the song up against Skyrim supposed to be Before the Storm or No Man’s Sky?

Whoops, thanks for catching that. Fixed it.

Also closed and recreated the poll just in case that affected any votes. Please vote again if you voted on the previous poll.

• Skyrim
  • Before the Storm

0 voters

I hope folks update their votes if necessary… That’s a great track!

People who voted on the first poll, please vote on the corrected poll now that I’ve fixed the video link. (@DaveLong, @HUMBY50, @Otagan, @geggis, @ArmandoPenblade, @craigm)

Super Mario Galaxy and Skyrim advance.

Match 55:

• Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Morrowind

0 voters

Match 56:

• Civilization IV
  • Metroid Prime

0 voters

Am I listening to Baba Yetu for like the 100th time just because it showed up on this post… yes, yes I am. The whole thing too.

Man that last round is crushing. Upon reflection in this thread, the original Terran themes from Starcraft 1 might well be my actual favorite video game music!

My only solace is that Hell March is still in play. I didn’t nominate it personally, but it was the first song I thought of when I saw this thread so I back it wholeheartedly until the bloody end.

“Hell March” is also up there in all-times for me, along with my actual noms. It’s definitely the last thing left that I truly love.

I’m gonna be real sad when Metroid Prime loses here, but it’s to Baba Yetu, I get it.

But I’m probably Team Necrodancer from here out because screw Morrowind.

imagehttps://media.giphy.com/media/bQOptcTAfcs36/giphy.gif

That Morrowind track is one of the most boring on the entire soundtrack, I’m surprised it’s lasted this long.

People voted for it over Zanarkand, and I just don’t get it.

Agreed. There are much better tracks in Morrowind. This one is basically just ambient music.
BTW, did anyone nominate any tracks from the Elite Dangerous soundtrack? I really like some of them, even though the game itself is not quite all it could be.

Jeremy Soule’s lovely Morrowind score gets a lot of hate around here.

Ah well.

I love the classic Morrowind theme (the one that was bombastically reinterpreted with full orchestra as the theme of ES IV: Oblivion). This track ain’t that.

Yes, Nerevar Rising is one of the great RPG theme songs. But IMO every track on that score is solid, even if some are more ‘ambient’ than others. (Hey, what’s wrong with ambient anyway? Worked for Brian Eno.)