Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

Funny thing, I nominated that song. And love it musically but I’ve never played that particular FF game (I’ve played all of them from 1-12, except 10 and 11)

So while that moment might help, it isn’t a requisite part of the emotion. I think it is very evocative on its own.

Speaking of Jeremy Soule’s work, here are three evocative Skyrim OST tracks, the first two of which feel like standalone ones to me, and are on the contemplative side, and the melodies are memorable, particularly the leitmotif of the “Far Horizons” track.

The third track, “Aurora,” is more ambient but has some amazing parts, like the slow one minute-long buildup of tension here, for a gorgeous choral resolution that gives me shivers:

OK, third link is fixed. It works if you use ?t=(number of seconds)
I think the question mark isn’t part of the URL

You have a time stamp in it.

But I added a timestamp to the ED one above and it didn’t cause a problem?

5-23-2018%204-54-18%20PM

As mentioned above, the addition of &t=XXmXXs seems to lead to a 404 URL, at least with mobile style links.

Agreed. I’ve not played FFX either but it’s a lovely piece and one I also enjoyed before the 'dome.

Crypt of the Necrodancer and Civilization IV advance, and we’re now down to just 8 tracks remaining.

Match 57:

• Interstate '76
  • Brigador

0 voters

Match 58:

• Red Alert
  • Monty on the Run

0 voters

Oh man. Oh. Man.

A-Bomb launch detected.

I feel like I’ve seen this mole over and over again and yet we have people who said it lost, and they were so sad too.

I think people were sad about all the songs it ran over.

Also sad that it was the last remaining old-school chiptune.

Man, I’76 vs. Brigador. Fuck. Love them both. Fuck.

I am gonna beg @CraigM to update that bracket image cuz man. . . I had forgotten Brigador was still in this (I think because it beat something else I loved) and my dream scenario is that the finale is Brigador vs. Hell March and everyone wins!

Come on folks, Hell March is good, but it’s the same thing for 6 minutes. Monty is so inventive and varied.

Some people just don’t go for chiptunes.

Maybe if I preach louder and more insistently it’ll sink in!

Now if you ask me after Hell March wins?

Maybe

I mostly just want something with guitars in the top 2, TBH

Also something with big brass and lots of soaring strings.

Also something with groovy 80s synthwave style.

TBH I’m pretty easy to please

Some people don’t go for chiptunes, and the rest went for this, the wrong chiptune. You’re all monsters.