Enter the Game Music Thunderdome

Geeeeeus fuck. This is gonna be a nail-biter.

Ack, Monty is going to lose to Brigador? I like Brigador, but Bastion and Hell March are both better songs IMO.

It’s a crazy world in the Thunderdome playoffs.

Any given … Thunday?

The things, they makes no sense!

I’d definitely take the Bastion or Red Alert tracks over Brigador, but it’s my favorite song left, so I am rooting for it all the way!

Civ 4 has pulled ahead, this is horrible!

No. It is proper.

And it is even, once again.

Honestly I’m not in love with any of the remaining nominees, but such is the way of things.

I’m pretty stunned that a Rob Hubbard composition lasted several rounds longer than ‘Still Alive.’

Chiptunes 4ever yo

Both matchups are tied right now. Nuts!

Remember there is greater eternal glory for Bastion/Hell march if it turned out that they were defeated by the eventual champion, not a piddly semifinalist.

I’m not really stunned that a tune that has inspired multiple full orchestral compositions is proving popular. I don’t think many of the other tunes in the Thunderdome have resulted in this many cover versions from bedroom musicians up to symphony orchestras. That people are inspired to such creativity decades on from Hubbards original really says something about how eternally popular it is.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="monty+on+the+run"

I could say the same about, for example, Metroid Prime. And Monty is a particularly British thing, I’d never even heard of it, or Hubbard, before.

Great. Just great.

Monty is a British thing, but Hubbard produced tons of music, plenty of which was heard by C64 gamers* in the U.S. Commando, Delta, Sanxion, Crazy Comets, International Karate, etc.

*at least four of them, i.e. me and my brothers

Moments like this are what the 'Dome’s all about.

I see we voted against each other @geggis, as it should be. :D

I honestly have no idea how that Brigador song made it this far. Tired and generic is being kind.

I’ll be honest, it being alive while no Nobuo Uematsu, Nintendo, or even any console games really, is shocking to me.

I’d take pretty much any one of the games Monty beat out over it.

It’s Qt3, man. I have zero surprise. Many people here played PC games exclusively for many years and few have an 80’s-90’s console background.