Enter the Gungeon

I can see that! It makes me smile too. And fear for my life. And despair and rage. It’s a full load of emotions.

And while I wish I could save mid-“level”, it’s good enough (and levels short enough) that it’s not been a problem so far, and I appreciate that.

I use B on the controller. Works fine. There’s plenty of buttons

Oh, look, you just took your thumb off one of the sticks to use a blank and now you’re dead! Bullet hell games can’t ask me to let loose of the controls. I presume that’s why the default blank input is clicking in both sticks.

-Tom

The right thumbstick aims your gun. When you need to use a blank, survival depends on moving and dodge rolling. Shooting can wait.

That’s a good point, but, since it is the aiming stick, I feel like it works okay since I only ever use a blank if I am absolutely surrounded, and at that point I have bigger worries haha. I guess you could put open map on B and blank on L2 as well.

I definitely cannot use the sticks, though. that is much worse than putting it on b because you kind of have to put the sticks back in neutral to push them in anyway! it takes more time to try to do that finicky action than pressing B

tacobellgirl.gif

I guess that’s why I’m always popping off blanks on accident. I’m holding a direction on the sticks very insistently and then I change direction and swing through the neutral position. Ooops.

Really, the problem with blanks is that I never remember I have them. I should put a post-it note on my monitor.

-Tom

1 final update planned.

And it’s out. Won’t have time to play a lot within the next two weeks, but am looking forward to checking out the new goods.

Arise, thread, arise!

I picked this up last week and want to enjoy it, but with both thumbs on the sticks and shooting with the right shoulder button is killing my old-man index finger/joints. I reviewed the thread above, but anyone find any nicer button layouts?

Move with the left joystick. Aim with the right. Shoot with the right trigger. There, now it feels like an FPS.

I dodge with the left trigger and only use the shoulder buttons for items / blanks.

YMMV, but I like to reload by clicking the right joystick, interact by clicking the left. Buttons are for inventory management, switching guns, etc.