Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

6X higher preorder levels on the UPlay store suggest that people are opting to use UPlay over Epic since it’s not on Steam.

Yes Im sure Ubisoft is happy but using this data to argue for a win for Epic doesn’t hold up at present.

No worries , the emails will be stopping soon.

https://gamestore.razer.com/lp/closure

We regret to announce that Razer Game Store (gamestore.razer.com) will cease operations on February 28, 2019 at 0100hrs Pacific Time as part of the company’s realignment plans.

Oh wow, that was quick!

I don’t think anyone is assuming it’s a win for Epic. But it’s a win for Ubisoft for sure. They get a bigger cut with every preorder and preorders are higher than they were when steam was an option.

Again, I’m not clear on what the increase in pre-orders has to do with Steam. It’s a sequel to very popular game - which the Division was not when it was initially released. That probably has far more to do with increased pre-orders than anything else.

Less than a year. That was quicker than expected.

Cool, is this a reference to Ron Gilbert, or someone else?

Anyway, the free games on Epic Store have been really great so far, so I’ll definitely check this out. I wish they’d slow down though. I’m falling behind on checking out their free games.

I have a free game backlog on their store! :p

Looks like Slime Rancher is the next one they’ll give away.

I won’t have known Flower is on PC if it wasn’t for Epic Games Store. It is also on Steam but I won’t have known about it if it wasn’t on the store front of Epic and then searched the Steam Store. So that is one sale Flower will get from me on EGS.

It’s also on gog if you want to support drm freedom.

WWZ on Epic Games Store:

We chose the Epic Games store because we believe it’s the best deal for players and developers.

First of all, building games is costly, and so to receive 88% instead of 70% means we can invest more into making World War Z.

Second, we’re passing along much of the savings to you as gamers. The price of World War Z on the Epic Games store is being dropped to $34.99 starting now and continuing through our April 16 launch and beyond. Any players who have already pre-purchased the game for $39.99 will get the $5 refunded back to them. We are thrilled to be able to share the developer-friendly benefits of the Epic Games store with you all, and can’t wait for you to play our game.

The strategy of giving discounts to US consumers only because that’s all US media cares about seems to have gone mainstream, I wonder if Epic themselves are recommending it.

In any case, from my perspective, yet more proof epic are not the heroes we need.

Is that discount only for US consumers?

The eu price is effectively 40 dollars

Translating X US dollars in X Euros is normal, it also happens in most games in Steam.
EU price include the taxes, which are higher in EU.

edit: just an example

https://i.imgur.com/DmZMBiE.png
https://i.imgur.com/ayK2bv2.png

Ignore this.

Ah I actually found a quote that the price has gone down from 40 euros to 35 euros. So that’s good.

Another exclusive appears, a bioshock-like it seems.