Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

I think it’s supposed to be more like a sandbox Gothic? Other people may answer better.

Hades can be bought now for a cheaper price in Europe, cool. If I like it as much as Dead Cells, it will be great.

Also, next free game is Rime.

Jeez, their store pages are still so fucking bad. I know a lot of this is on the individual publishers, but it’s so hard to figure out anything about a game.

Here for example is the store page for Darksiders III.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/darksiders3/home

As someone who didn’t play the previous Darksiders games, WTF is this? Is it a single player game? Online game? Is it an action game or more of a RPG? Does it support ultrawide resolutions or mods? Where can I find any of this stuff out? Literally the only thing they have about the game is this blurb:

So I’ll do what I always have to do: pull up the game on Steam, if it’s there.

Okay, so I can immediately see what the Devs have been working on as well as links to (positive, obviously) reviews of the game.

Instead of just the blurb on the Epic store, I get this:

While they never dictate my purchases, I can also quickly scan through some user reviews. While people are idiots, it’s often helpful to see if there are major glaring problems (major technical issues, for example) and the like.

The EGS store pages look pretty but they do fuck-all in terms of telling you what you’re buying.

Tom’s stream of Close to the Sun, has me waiting for a deep sale price before picking it up. (aka $5)

@AntediluvianArk thanks for the twitter links, 5 days later and still no fix, makes me wonder if they will wait till the end of the sale now, heh.

I had a nice time playing RiME with my son and he enjoyed it quite a bit. A peaceful exploration game with light puzzle solving in a world soaked in mystery. A nice option if you want an experience that mostly avoids combat and aggression for a change.

I found the Qt3 thread which I’d missed somehow. Sounds quite different from Bethesda games and even from Gothic.

I can’t find anything I want at the Epic store. Some of those deals are good if you’re in the market for those games.

Seems they forgot to change it for the UK though…

Edit: fixed for the UK now too

/reference to Brexit here!

So do you get Steam keys on this thing?

… too soon, huh? ;)

Oh , they also changed the price to Metro Exodus, now it’s at a more acceptable 35€. Time to buy it.

Welp, I pre-ordered John Wick Hex. Cheaper than the ticket for John Wick 3, couldn’t not.

Check the Operencia thread, as some in there liked it.

I tried it for a bit using the Windows game store pass free trial thing, and each combat seemed to drag on too much for my liking.

*Oh, I recall now - you don’t start with many tools in the arsenal, and a few of the ones I had were poison-based. And almost everything early on was immune to it. So some of my characters stood around doing very little while others slowly chipped away at health pools, over and over. Few decisions. I didn’t much appreciate this type of design.

Hmmm seems VTM: Bloodlines 2 is now MIA from the EPIC store?
It was still for sale about an hour ago…

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/home

It seems they didn’t want to participate in the sale.

Paradox probably wanted to maintain price parity across stores.

Oxygen Not Included also removed from the sale now.

Some users in that thread were saying that Bloodlines 2 could be picked up for $5 in some regions. I could see why they didn’t want to participate, it really screws over people that pre-ordered from their own store or other platforms.

bummer, that is the one game I was going to maybe pick up on this sale when I got home

Epic is working on the impulse purchase angle. Launch a sale with deep discounts then start pulling games from the store every couple of hours.

Bonus points for pulling a whole publisher like Ubisoft. :-)