Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Just a friendly reminder the Epic Discount expires shortly

Currently have a few temporarily cheap games under consideration:
Operencia: The Stolen Sun ($9.49 w/discount)
Hades ($9.99 with discount, early access)
John Wick Hex ($7.99 with discount, preorder)
Genesis Alpha One ($9.49 with discount)
Far Cry Primal: ApexEdition ($6.49 with discount)

Any thoughts on the above?

I really enjoyed Operencia. Great game.

Hades is well worth the sale price, although it was cheaper earlier, but $10 is good price, and it just got a fairly beefy update, added couple more enemy types and a god I believe. It will also raise the regular price to $25 after the sale end.

If we get Far Cry Primal, does it also get added to our Uplay accounts?

I’d love to know too since i’m temped by Anno 1800 for relatively cheap and would as soon play via Uplay since it was long ago forced on me for other things.
Diego

Thanks for the reminder. Picked up Operencia.

Under the requirements:
“High speed internet access and a valid UPlay account required to activate the game after installation”

OK, but does to make sure… does that mean it’s a Uplay key? Because Steam seems to also require Uplay, but you don’t get it on Uplay itself. Right?

It reads like it gives you a UPlay key to activate, but I honestly don’t know.

I just took a chance and bought Anno 1800. You do not get a Uplay key directly, but it does work.

When you try to install via Epic it offers to link to your Uplay account. Do that and then DO NOT install via Epic. Exit that and start Uplay instead and you should then see it there. Go ahead and install & play from Uplay.

Diego

That’s some weird voodoo, but glad it works.

From what I’ve read you could install from Epic, but then it launches Uplay when run anyways. And if the Epic install location is different than Uplay (which, surprise, it is), then it goes and reinstalls via Uplay anyhow.

Diego

I bought it yesterday. Epic installed a shortcut on my desktop like I asked, and it’s a Uplay icon. But that launches Uplay and then launches the game.

However, I did launch Uplay just now separately on its own, and I do indeed have Far Cry Primal in my library of games now, but it shows it not under the games I currently have installed, but my overall game library. So it looks like I could uninstall the Epic version and just install it from the Uplay app if I want.

This name is reliable in the SNK community. Sounds like Epic was making a play on Samurai Shodown reboot.

So, I’m playing Operencia, but I’ve noticed that I don’t need the launcher for anything. The question is, how do the games get updated?

Magnets.

Launch the epic launcher and it will tell you what installed games have updates available.

Also, refunding a game doesn’t remove it from your library, or stop you from launching it.

Which is generous.

tenor