Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

You don’t understand people not liking something that doesn’t work well and manipulating the marketplace?

Cause EGS is… crap. It’s just not good. You can make a better storefront with various free online website. They’ll even have a shopping cart. Meanwhile Epic has billions of dollars and can’t be bothered to even rise to the level of say UPlay. I mean random people can register accounts with your email address and it’s gone forever. No verification needed! Cool stuff.

Buying exclusivity adds on top of it and is what made everyone pissed at them in the first place.
But, no they’re perfect and can do no wrong and if anyone says otherwise it’s time for personal insults!

I mean we have people trying to imply everyone is filthy rich for having more than one PC. Or fucking children. Also no one can dislike a bad product, they must have some sneaky dastardly motive.

Guys, chill out. We are only talking about games.

Tell me what “area man flummoxed by routine consumer interaction” stories add to this thread. Should we report in this thread every time someone forgets their EGS password, too? Of course, it’s harder to spin that in a manner that disparages Epic, so I see why that doesn’t happen already.

I understand the anti-exclusivity. I don’t understand how some people spend so much time and energy bashing the EGStore. Those that like it will use and it and those that don’t, won’t. Paragraphs lamenting features and complaining is silly, especially when it’s something like a shopping cart, as those complaining aren’t even trying to purchase multiple games at once.

That isn’t a routine consumer interaction. Like… not even remotely. People buy multiple things for the same address all the time. Hell, my mother buys shit for people in Florida, Iowa and Connecticut all using one account and one credit card. And those include multiple places in FL and CT. I think she might buy stuff for like 8-10 different people with one credit card. Yet somehow, Amazon doesn’t assume she stole her own credit card. Weird.

Yes, and you have no agenda so we should view you as the impartial arbiter of all things.

You want to police what evidence people submit about EGS. Why? Hell if I know, maybe you own stock or something. But what people decide to talk about isn’t your right to dictate. It’s Tom’s if anything. It’s not like they’re talking about something other than EGS. We’re not Epic employees, we can say whatever we want. I guess since the “I don’t see how this is a problem for anyone” dropped like a rock, now it’s time to police what we can and can’t say for “relevance” as determined by people who think EGS is the most perfect thing ever created?

I’d like option C, please.

Because it’s not a good store.

No, people are forced to use it because of the exclusivity part. That’s why Epic needed to bring their A game and they managed at best a C- (I’d say a D, they’re really not trying). They’re coming for the King, but they can’t be bothered to actually try? That gets you shit. People don’t like Steam for a variety of reasons, but you have to pretend to try.

Except for those that did and had it registered as a fraud?

It’s like saying you’re going to replace Apple only… your phone doesn’t have Apps. And sometimes it doesn’t work as a phone. Also there is no time or date. Or anything really. It’s a phone that usually works as long as you only text. But we’re coming for you Apple! No. People would rightly laugh them out of the marketplace.

Epic bought their way into the marketplace, but can’t be bothered to do anything with it. Said buying-in pissed off the marketplace, so they really needed to do it right. Instead they don’t seem to care. People on Etsy try harder and they’re busy making custom shit in their basement, but somehow still have a better shopping experience than Epic.

Quite the exaggeration! Nobody is forced to do anything here.

This is so disingenuous that I can’t respond without getting a message from a mod.
Take your shilling elsewhere. I’m never interacting with you again, have fun with… whatever this is.

Yeah, it’s pretty amazing how people will go to bat for multi-billion dollar corporations. I’m cool with it since it keeps the thread interesting though.

I’m not sure seeing people being berated for letting their kids have their old gaming rigs or being personally insulted is interesting, but to each their own. It’s not hard to find that sort of thing on Twitter without much effort if one wants to.

Quite fair. You have a point, my flippant response didnt make much sense in context of the ongoing conversation.

Give Mark Kern some time, he’s working on it.

This is pretty much a direct insult of another poster, accusing him of posing as a customer to trick others into participating in the epic games store.

Could you maybe knock it off? Thanks in advance.

That’s your line huh, shilling. Not calling another person an “arrogant asshole”, or whiners, or too rich to matter or childless, or some stupid remark about fish breath, Steam fanboi and a host of other things. The line is shill.

It’s such a double standard it’s disgusting. Lunar is getting less than what Lunar and the others supporting Epic in this way have been dishing out.

a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

You don’t get to pick which definition I was using. And that you picked that as the offensive thing and not him throwing insults at Fishbreath (repeatedly no less) says a lot.

Is this some sort of trick question? Yes, calling other posters shills because we disagree with them is, in fact, a line that I don’t think we should cross.

It says that this thread is so freaking full of unreasonable arguments that I can only be bothered to read about five posts back before giving up. If it will make you feel better I think that Lunarstorm ALSO should not be insulting people, not that him doing it is a good excuse for anyone else doing it too.

And yeah the funny thing about communication is the reader gets to infer the author’s intent, and I think the common understanding echoed by dictionary.com is perfectly reasonable. In 50 years on this green earth this is the first time someone’s said to me “Oh, I called him a shill because he’s so gosh-darned loyal”.

I think this might be another case of needing two threads as in Star Wars:

• One with Epic Games Store news and information like ‘what are the free games at the moment?’, ‘there’s a sale on!’, and ‘woohoo another exlusive deal has been signed!’
  • The other with posts like ‘oh crap, another exclusive deal has been signed’ and ‘lol they still don’t have a shopping cart’.

And the two parties to sign a blood-pact never to interact with each other ever again, because writing forum posts on the internet actually consumes electricity and the arguments in this thread aren’t really worth that.

Which is a little strange. Prior to the Epic Game Store we were able to criticize and praise Steam in equal parts and have the conversation flow quite naturally. But now if one small sleight is perceived to impact Epic, there will be a reckoning.