Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Because we’re old and crusty.

My Epic catalog is huge already! Pretty awesome.

A “stone hall”, I should have said. And Qt3 does cover a good chunk of time. And we’re talking about games (and not “classics”) that were published and mostly talked about years ago and might as well be ghosts today.

All of my Epic game library is from free stuff. I love that. Epic loves me. I love Epic. It’s a beautiful thing.

Epic Store’s about to get receive some much needed quality of life updates:

Edit: Also Soma’s a free giveaway on EGS. That’s a pretty awesome Halloween treat!

Some kind of Creators Event going on?

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/promotion/creator-appreciation

During Creator Appreciation event we wanted to highlight Creators that spend countless hours making us laugh, helping us learn and entertaining us while playing the games we’ve grown to love. When you enter a Creator’s Tag at checkout on eligible game purchases of $14.99 or more (or local currency equivalent) you’ll receive one $10 Epic Coupon that will be applied on your next purchase in the store.

Saw it posted over here: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1193927683656171521

Is it enough that we are creative people? I like to draw pictures.

I read this last night on Epic’s store, and even after reading their FAQ I couldn’t figure out what exactly a Creator is and how I’m supposed to get their tag. If it’s like Tom Chick, then hey @tomchick, are you a creator with a tag you could give us?

All of a sudden I am very aware there are a lot of interesting options competing for my 10 dollar coupon here. The number one pick is RGO, right?

Don’t know if Tom has one but @BrianRubin’s tag is spacegamejunkie, I’m sure he’d appreciate it. Certainly apropos for RGO.

RGO is excellent! I already own it without coupon.

Also, remember that the coupons expire on April 30th, 2020, so you have until then to decide on a creator to support and the game to use it on. Last time they did the $10 across the board coupon, there was a sale going on, so it really made for some excellent deals. I’m pretty sure they’ll have a sale soon in November, and probably one in December too.

And @GuildBoss is paulsoaresjr

Yep, you have to buy the game before 11/18, but once you’ve purchased a game and decided which creator to tag, your resulting coupon will be valid until April, 2020.

The promotion ends November 18, 2019 at 11AM Eastern Time. After that time, you will not be able to receive a $10 Epic Coupon for the Creator Appreciation Event, but you will be able to use a previously-received Epic Coupon until its expiration date.

Wait, so then, there’s no discount before 11/18? You just get the $10 coupon after you make the purchase that’s then good for the next purchase?

This was all even more confusing than I thought. Someone needs to re-word the FAQ to make it clearer.

You need to buy something >$15 and use the creator tag before 11/18 to get the coupon. Once you get the coupon it’s good through April.

Correct. You must buy a qualifying game and tag a creator by 11/18 to receive a coupon that is valid through 4/2020.

Picked up Superliminal with Brubin’s code. $6.99 seems a more than fair price for an interesting yet flawed Portal clone. I did get the coupon.

Thank you!

Thanks! Use this knowledge responsibly!

Also picked this up with Brian’s code.

Note you can’t use the coupon on pre-purchases so no cheap Wattam until december 17th.