Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

The friends list is a value-add item.

If it went away, guess what? And zero impact on where I buy games.

Well you use it so you obviously care about it. I made no comment about how much you care about it. It’s just silly to talk about how you don’t value any of the Steam value-add items (your words) and then list you actually use one. Nothing makes you use it today with Epic, but you still clearly do.

I didn’t say I didn’t ever use any did I?

I use plenty of expedient things, but Discord has usurped Steam’s usefulness on that front.

Why would you use something you don’t value or couldn’t care less about? Hey, it’s fine to like Epic, but it’s kind of silly to dismiss features Steam has… while you use them. That’s all.

I mean you don’t have to use Steam’s Friend list while using Steam, and you certainly don’t need it up while in Epic.

I like Steam too! I guess in Epic hater terms…for evil-Steam exclusives it’s a necessary evil?

I mean I use Microsoft Word, but I’m fine with Google Docs. Do I care about Microsoft Word?

I use Google Docs and Word as well for different features. But as I use Google Docs, I don’t tell everyone I couldn’t care less about VLOOKUP as I literally use VLOOKUP.

Find the Word vs Docs thread and I’m sure folks will eat that up!

I imagine we’re arguing on the semantic, microscopic no man’s land that lies between caring zero amount and not being able to care less.

WordPerfect 5.1 for life, shitbonerz

So what you’re saying is you actually value a value-add on item Steam supports, so it’s not really true that you “could not care less about Steam value-adds.” Valuing Steam in any capacity, and/or the features they offer certainly doesn’t mean you have to dislike Epic though.

I’m pretty certain I could not care less about the feature in the glaringly obvious context in my post of which store I purchase games from. Yes, I am certain. Feel free to PM me to debate semantics further.

I was just discussing this with an intern at work today. He was born in 2002, so he’d never heard of Word Perfect.

People value what they value. If it’s not hurting anyone, why is it such a big deal?

It’s still… around.

Well, one well known writer still uses WordPerfect 4.0…

How certain are you? I think you might secretly love it.

As nice of an interface that GOG Galaxy 2.0 is at combining games from different platforms, Steam has the most active/long-standing friends list of all my game launchers. No one uses Epic or Uplay unless they have to with an exclusive.

Well, if the sales that Epic has continues, that will change. To me, price matters, everything else is just fluff.