Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

I heard talking positively of the 3 weeks for next week.

Wishlists!

Wow that was fast. Playstation and Xbox took years to add wishlists. How did Epic do it so quickly?

Sacraficing babies to demons and drinking the blood.

kidding - I don’t have major issue with Epic

Now, for a real trick they should make it so that if you buy a game, it automatically gets removed from your wishlist. I know PSN and Xbox wishlists don’t do that, and I don’t think Steam wishlists do that either, do they?

Steam game purchases / key activation’s do indeed remove the game from your Steam wishlist. :)

In future iterations, we plan to add email notifications when your wishlisted titles are discounted, or change status (such as a launch, or becoming available for pre-purchase).

So the basic feature of wishlist is still not implemented. Baby steps…

Still a way to track it using the client, at least. They have a long ways to go still but its always good to see progress.

I have to say, Steam’s approach to this annoys the ever-living shit out of me. They send me an email to tell me a game on my wishlist is discounted, but don’t fucking tell me which one it is.

My emails show me which games are on sale, but the Steam app notification on my phone doesn’t.

Really? My emails always include the game and a link to go straight to the store page for it.

same here…i look forward to these emails

Maybe there are a bunch of them?

Usually I see the game in question, but when a big sale hits multiple titles, I think it might just say “stuff is on sale”. Never really paid much attention if I’m honest and since Steam is always open I just tab over to Steam and look.

My emails always tell me which wish list games are on sale and the price except when there are a ton of them like during the big sales.

I’ve been curious since I read your post and since I just got an email notification, I wanted to compare notes! This is what I get from Steam:

What is it that you receive?

Maybe he means in the subject line - I do find that I have to open an e-mail to see what game it is. I can’t see it from the subject line or the little Gmail notification preview thing.

Yep. That annoys me. I wish the subject line told me: “Civ IV is on sale!”, rather than a generic “An item is on sale!” subject.

So, buried under refutations and confronted with the evidence of my own inbox, I recant. I have many times had the experience of frustration that I had to click through the email to find out what was on sale and associated that with Steam wishlist notifications, which is clearly wrong (unless I’ve stepped into another branch of the multiverse) but I can’t for the lift of me figure out what it was.

Regardless, I was wrong. Steam emails are appropriate and very informative. The Epic store continues to be mostly pretty, but non-functional, except that it gives me lots of pretty good free games (that I have to dig through the client to find and “purchase” one at a time, because there’s no cart.)

Thanks for the update! It’s stupid, but stuff like this gets stuck in my crow’s brain and I sit there and peck at it trying to figure out the answer to even the most trivial of questions. :)

We’re on the internet, sir. No one admits wrongness here.