Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Finally got the free GTAV, now what to do with the coupon? How is the Phoenix Point now days?

Store is back but GTA V is not. I see this, and clicking it does nothing.

I don’t care that much about the game (which I already have twice), I just want the coupon! :)

edit: and it’s back!

The coupon details now say:

“Use the $10 Epic Coupon to buy an eligible game or add-on of $14.99 or more …”

iirc, the first time around they didn’t allow for it to be used on DLC.

It didn’t require my 2fA when I just bought it now…

I think it requires you to log in with 2fa.

If you’re already logged in with 2fa, it’s not going to ask for 2fa again when you get the game.

edit: darn, The Crew 2 just a couple of cents too cheap to qualify for the coupon. Ah well!

They should be paying you to play Control. That might help offset the depression.

Still getting patched and improved upon.

Getting this. Looks like my honeymoon with Epic Store is over. =)

I feel like an idiot. I know I’ve done this before, but how do I get to where it shows me which games I own? I’ve got to be missing something obvious here. I think I got my free GTA V game, and I want to go to “my games” or whatever it’s called to make sure, but I can’t seem to find anything like that.

Account -> Transactions

Thank you. That worked. But I could swear that there was a much more attractive page with all my games that I could install from there. This way seems kind of clunky.

That would be in the client, not the website.

Ah. Okay, thanks. Yep, idiot is me. :)
I guess I’m just used to GOG, where everything is all in one place. Or something. Gah.

A while ago they told people if you didn’t enable 2FA, you wouldn’t be able to get free games. My guess is you ignored that little email / notice.

Since I’m a closet capitalist - does anyone else think Epic Store is “dumping” games at a low (or free) price to get their client installed and accounts created? Surely Rockstar is not giving this game away for free, which means Epic is burning cash with this freebie.

From my POV, this is pretty rotten.

Nope. I enabled the 2FA.

Edit: I’m done with it anyway. I never play anything on it. The only reason why I was on it was because I wanted to support Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

I think I’ll never do it again. I’ll just wait until anything I want gets released on Steam or GOG.

Yes, they absolutely are. Why is that rotten?

Free giveaways can lead to a dysfunctional market.

True, but competition for Steam can be considered a good thing.

Free giveaways are the best kind of giveaways!