Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

If you like the 70s and brutalist architecture.

$20 for Control? Just bought it.

I am trying to finagle a way to get metro exodus as cheap as possible… I think I have it to 12.99 atm with everything.

I feel very cheap doing that.

Get it, or play it? Because it’s on Microsoft Game Pass PC & Xbox which is pretty cheap, $1 for the first month. :)

zKEvEMM

Yeah me too, great price £13.99 in the uk

I picked up Control with my $10 coupon. Thought that game was eligible for another coupon after purchase but I can’t seem to find it. Am I wrong?

Do you mean the DLC? The first DLC is out and is $14.99, so it’s eligible for the coupon. The Season pass is $24.99, and that is eligible for coupon as well (the 2nd DLC “Awe” will come out later this summer, the page says).

I used my freebie coupon to buy Control, $29.99 down to $19.99. The sale page says…

WE GIVE YOU ANOTHER $10 EPIC COUPON AFTER EVERY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE

I thought Control was an eligible purchase so I’d now receive an additional $10 coupon to use on another eligible game or DLC. I thought I read it right but what this post presupposes is… maybe I didn’t?

Oh damn, I didn’t realize. I tried the original Metro years ago but got kinda bored with it because it was a corridor shooter, but I’m vaguely interested in this one and I get to try it out for “free”. Neat.

Game Pass means you get a UWP Windows Store Bastardized version, no, or do they give you normal executables also?

If you visit this link, you should see a coupon if you have one.

Bastardized how? I haven’t had any problems with any games I’ve downloaded through GamePass. If you mean is it moddable I don’t know and generally don’t care, except for specific games.

Thanks, Lunar. After signing in, it looks like I do have one in the Coupons section under my account name. I hadn’t looked there.

I think I was thrown off by the fact that the Claim Your Coupon button I used the first time was grayed-out and labeled CLAIMED. There’s no process for claiming the ones you get from your purchases, they just show up behind the scenes in your account. I appreciate it!

Yeah, it’s automatic.

Good feedback, thanks for sharing; that’s confusing and can be improved.

I think they are normal exes, but they are built for the platform and locked down and hidden inside the WindowsApps folder with the UWP apps.

You can ‘take ownership’ and change permissions to access them if you really want but it’s a royal pain to do so.

Thanks. T’is what I feared.

Is anyone else having a hell of a time getting the EGS app to be usable? I start it up and here it is 5 minutes later stuck on “Preparing the Epic Games Launcher.”

I managed to fix the issue by deleting the Manifests folder in the C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\Data hidden folder.(To be specific, delete all the files with .item extension in the Manifests folder )

The above fix on Reddit worked for me. Be warned that it could require a re-d/l of your games.