Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

The game is still very early access, if you check out their roadmap, so that could be a future implementation?

Came here to post about this game too. It’s beautiful. One of my favourite wallpapers turned out to be a screenshot from this game, so the instant I found out that it’s out in Epic Games Store, I purchased immediately… and have taken a few more screenshots, lol. I like that there is a relaxing mode so one can just be a virtual tourist and enjoy the scenery and music. The art does reminds me a lot of Firewatch though they are not from the same developer.

Yeah, each purchase generating yet another $10 coupon is a great way for them to increase sales numbers, and could be stupidly addictive, particularly if you’ve got a few games you’ve been hesitating to pull the trigger on. Were I not on such a tight budget right now, I’d have grabbed at least 5 more games from them during that sale.

Annoyingly Among Trees is just below the coupon price in the UK.

Did you get another coupon? I thought they ended on the 11th.

Yeah I am having fun. Its REALLY sparse but I am playing in Zen chill mode as well. No bears just hanging out and crafting. Its fun!

The devs’ comments were from this Steam forum discussion (when will EGS get its own forums or will they keep using steam?). I’d like to see FJRD make no hunting work. I’m not anti-hunting but think it would provide some variety to the survival genre.

There will be fishing but we haven’t planned hunting and skinning at the moment.
No plans for domestication or plant husbandry. You can grow plants but not make new species.
We felt that there are so many other games focusing on hunting for food. We first want to try to make it work we’re you don’t kill animals, but if this turns out to feel off during play testing we will reconsider adding hunting.

The dev also mention that it will come to Steam 15 months after being in Epic. I’m not sure if the clock starts during this Early Access.

I would bet that it does. It did for Hades. Early Access is the new release.

This week and next weeks free games:

Cool. Held off on Pathway for a long time, figuring it’d be on Humble or something.

Also, AER is pretty great! A little open-world game with really satisfying flying mechanics. Check it out next week!

I don’t know why I was looking at Pathway on Steam just two days ago, so it’s nice they gift it to me. It seems at some point it got an important update with new content.

Same, so this addition was a major freebee IMO

The client is pretty bad in that it will tell you the # of updates/downloads it’s doing but not show you what they are or how to prioritize them other than stopping the current one.

Or how long it’s gonna take to download, which is something I like to know when setting up my machine to auto shutdown during a long download.

It’s a fun little game, definitely worth trying for the price of free.

Conan Exiles next week. Is it any good for singleplayer story player like me? Or is it just for MP survival sandbox nonsense.

Nice! Once again waiting for a game to exit early access, then forgetting about it, pays off.

Also HUE is free next week.

Its great as a single player game but not if you like story. Its a single player survival and crafting game you can play with others if you like but its not necessary.

The way it handles nudity is, I think, a positive moment in gaming so I would urge anyone who cares about the art form (as I know you do) to grab the free copy on Epic or buy the PC version on Steam and check it out at least through character generation. Its one of those “oh all games should do it that way” moments.

are you talking about the physics-enabled dongs