Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Well, apart from the multiple people that can inhabit the same world - but other than that, yeah, I agree :-)

So… Borderlands 3 is a MMO?

Nah, I’d more say that that was a co-op game - I guess for me the difference is the number of people that can play.

All this time I thought it was Yet Another MMO.

You may be thinking of Age of Conan :-)

It’s totally an MMO: Minimally Multiplayer Online (game)

Shit, I think you’re right.

Gotcha. Not trying to be pedantic, just want to make sure for people who haven’t played it that they understand what it is (and isn’t). Massively Multiplayer to me means thousands on a server a la UO, EQ, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, EVE etc. Conan doesn’t share any gameplay similarities with those titles.

To me it’s more like a Battlefield game in terms of the MP capabilities, just without map switching. You can rent a server, play with a small group or 30-60 players or whatever.

I didn’t realize they were even separate games.

Yeah, Conan Exiles is a game very much like Ark or other survival games. It’s a survival game with similar multiplayer capabilities.

I typically build three bases. The first by the newbie river. Once I’m around level 20 and need iron, it’s time to go north. I settle in the middle desert area near iron, water, and enemy camps for thralls. Once I’m around level 40, it’s time to head north again to the forest area. This is the last base I build.

You can pick up crafting stations now, so you can bring most of your stuff with you when you move.

Nice - sounds somewhat like how I do.

Are you ever in the swamps? I kinda love the setting, but I don’t see any good places, regarding resources to build.

Only, I really don’t like Ark, because of how long everything takes, but I get your point in that it is somewhat similar.

I just feel Conan is way better put together, and much more interesting in its world building.

Yup, same. I avoid the swamps.

Every single thing about that can - and really must! - be tuned with advanced config.

Aye - I think the biggest reason is the world I don’t enjoy as much - different strokes and all that.

I’ve been playing for the last month or so on my own dedicated server. Some community members built a whole front-end for it that takes care of everything. Works great, just be sure to change the ports because the server ports will conflict with the client if you’re running them on the same PC. The CPU hit is low, and the RAM hit is around 2-3GB.

(Setting up a dedicated server is unnecessary and overkill for people in this thread who are just looking to check out Conan Exiles.)

I even set up a second dedicated server to play with my son. Just tweak a couple of settings and suddenly it’s EZ-mode. I installed a mod to disable the blood and gibbing.

Thanks, that is good info!

Mind blown. I always thought this is the sequel to Age of Conan and therefore MMO.

Well, I am glad I could inform you otherwise :-)