Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

I think this is the first time we’re building so much hype for a coming free game here at Qt3. Why can’t I have Conan Exiles right now? Hurry up Epic!

Yeah, no doubt. There isn’t an explicitly QT3 server, is there? Is there a limit as to how many people can be active on a server?

Well, I’ve had no issues with Epic previously, and I’ve loved all the free games I’ve gotten, but now the Epic game store crashed when I try to launch it. I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still crashes.

Care enough to talk about it a lot. Not care enough to actually pay for it. 😂🤣

Oh well.

Free game denied!

Be nice if they finalized these sorts of details before promoting Conan Exiles as a free game. I blame you lot for getting me excited about it.

What, that is some grade-A bullshit. What a boneheaded move. I was never an Epic hater but this stunt burned through a lot of goodwill!

I was promised free penis physics.

That…was rather stupid…and silly.

Boo45

“The Epic Games Store team has decided that Conan Exiles will not be free”
I understand that deals fall through, but that strikes me as a strangely…prickly? Almost snide? way to phrase that.

It’s a free game man, chill out.

What do you hope to accomplish with this comment. I can tell you that telling someone to “chill out,” particularly someone you don’t really know, will never have the effect supposedly intended by the words themselves.

chill, dude.

I just went to the Epic store to look for Exiles, and didn’t even see any announcement, just that it wasn’t in the free bin and the store page is all “coming soon” except for the mod kit or whatever. /shrug

I mean, I was going to get it for free, sure, but it wasn’t much on my radar anyhow. The way this played out though does seem a bit…amateurish?

Lighten up, Francis.

And yeah, definitely a miscommunication somewhere with Funcom.

What a bizzarely worded tweet. And tweeting it like 30 minutes before it is supposed to go live? Strange. Guess I won’t be trying it out quite yet (sorry Razgon :)

Dollars to donuts they only got word from Funcom at the last minute. That, or someone within Epic screwed up royally, but I imagine the former. Now, it could be both–Funcom could have said “yeah, this is a go, unless X or Y or Z happens, so don’t publicize it until we give you the OK.” And Epic says, “well, you’re pretty sure it’s ok, right?” and Funcom says “well, yeah, 80%, but still, sit on it for a bit, mkay?” and Epic hears only “it’s pretty sure to be a go” and voila.

But really, I bet it was all set and then something changed and the kibosh was put on it at the last minute.

Weird how deals in this biz tend to fall apart at the last minute because someone up the chain forgets to pass the bad news down the line. Deal was dead weeks ago.