Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Atleast they could’ve flipped one of them the other way so they looking at each other.
And why is one with 2 DLCS and the other not.
Maybe put control in the middle.
So many options.

Mechwarrior 5 and Phoenix Point both do that as well.

Summer Sale!

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/discover/summer-sale

Just checked out the store from your link. I could’ve swore an Ooblets was only $20 bucks a few days ago because I thought with the coupon it would only cost D10. But now it’s showing it as $25. Hmmmm

It was $20 a few days ago. Seems like the release discount has ended.

Oh, I suppose I forgot there was that sort of discount.

Question for people smarter than me: if I purchase Anno 1800 related items (say the Season 2 pass) on Epic, it still requires and installs on Uplay, right? So I can buy the Season 2 pass with my $10 Epic coupon and then install it for my Uplay copy. Yes?

I feel like that’s sort of a dumb question because I’m 99% sure that Ubisoft games require Uplay. But the Epic store doesn’t mention Uplay at all.

Reddit says no/maybe/no.

Wow, I wasn’t prepared for another sale so soon. If I’m being honest with myself I don’t have more than an hour or two a week to devote to an open-world game, but I’m eyeing both Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption II. I can rationalize waiting awhile for Red Dead Redemption II, but it’s harder to resist Odyssey.

I don’t claim to be smarter than anyone but my insane cat (and then only on my good days), however I found this:
https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Faqs/000045787/Linking-your-Epic-Games-and-Ubisoft-accounts

Not that I am a fan of Ubisoft accounts, that is a step in the right direction. DLCs should be platform agnostic. If we own the game, the DLC should just work.

Hah! I DO have a coupon left! Rogue Galaxy Outlaw… dead or alive, you’re coming with me!

I wasted five minutes of my life playing Next Up Hero or whatever the fuck it’s called so you don’t have to.

If time is money, why do I have so much of one, and so little of the other?

Thanks for the Ubisoft tip @Dan_Theman. Yeah I’m gonna spend a little time trying to get that dang thing to work!

This was already answered but I’ll just throw in that I got Anno 1800 on Epic and it activated in my Ubisoft account, and at some point I uninstalled the original Epic installation and re-installed it via Uplay and it works fine. I then got the season 2 pass from Epic (with the discount, oh yeah) and I did something in the Epic launcher to activate it and then it showed up in Uplay and patched up my game. So I’m pretty sure this should work for you.

And I’m really looking forward to Land of Lions, though I don’t know that the game really needs another region.

After all that advice, it seems that the Epic game store won’t let me purchase the DLC if I don’t own the base game. The ‘buy’ button is disabled for all DLC). It’s disabled on the main Anno 1800 page but clicking it directs you to the page describing the DLC… but on that page the disabled button is truly disabled. So I guess I’m going to wait until the S2 pass goes on sale in the Ubisoft store.

Two steps forward, one step back. Thank you for letting us know.