Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Wait, can you define “roguelike” in this context?

KIDDING! Grabbed it and probably wouldn’t have bothered without the recommendation, so thank you.

Pretty sure I typed “roguelight” and autocorrect screwed it up. At least it’s turn-based, but…

Jurassic World Evolution now free for a week.

It’s going to keep going. Crying Suns on the 7th. That one was published by Humble Bundle.

FYI

That’s going back to normal. They give something away every week.

I have hundreds of hours on free games from Epic now. Whenever I buy something, I get it from their store so that I fix this karmic imbalance.

Pre-patch the launcher was putting a 4-8% load on my 5800X and raising the temp to around 50C at all times, even while minimized to the system tray. Post-patch the launcher still behaves the same while open or minimized to the taskbar, but minimizing to the system tray eliminates the CPU load and causes the temps to fall down to the normal idle range.

Was in the mood to look at my backlog today and just realised - is there a way to see a total count of the number of games I own (I think I paid for one of these…) on the Epic Store? Thinking about how many hours of games are on the backlog is the first step to playing through it right?

If you have Playnite you can sort your library by only Epic games and take it from there very easily.

one of us… one of us…

GoG Galaxy does this as well.

Dropped $14 for Snowrunner, VERY happy with it. Probably spent 20 hours in the first map areas over the past weekend.

Any other coupon suggestions for an open world, crafter, logistic type?

Maybe Satisfactory?

I have that. Perhaps I should revisit it since I barely even got the space elevator done!

Since The Witcher 3 is 0.01 credits too cheap I’ve spent my money on Crysis Remastered for 7.99 buckazoids. The original was one of the best single player shooters ever, and I had to play it on a 19" screen. Even though it seems Crytek hasn’t exactly made a good PC (back-)port a top priority for their outsourcing partner, the new version will certainly look better than the one I already know.
I’ve read Crytek patched quicksave and a couple of PC things back in. I hope I remember this correctly.

Oh hey look at that, my coupon expired, I forgot all about it.

Crying Suns is free this week. And if you’re not sure you want it in your account for free, they also have the Crying Suns demo.

Crying Suns was also in the November Humble Bundle, so you may already own it - like me!

Wait, Battlefront 2 (the second BF2…) free next week isn’t big enough to tingle people’ s free-game sense???

Finally I can play a game I can’t be bothered enough to buy but will definitely play it if it is free.

I own it. It’s a neat idea for a campaign (continue from the Empire’s perspective after Return of the Jedi).

I also forgot about my coupon. I wanted to buy Airborne Kingdom… oh well.