Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

Hand of Fate 2 and Alien:Isolation are free now.

Alien is a repeat, sadly. I demand new free crap! Feeeed me, Sweeney!

5ac0b1751f93bb0c282401bff9e9955a

Next weeks is free stuff for the f2p D&D Idle game.

I’ve been playing this on PS4 a bit… it’s kinda fun, sorta, but not really? I wish I had those freebies there instead. Wouldn’t recommend it unless someone loves idle stuff, but that Hew Mann is the most powerful support character in the game and it’s a lot of goodies.

What is an idle game?

Numbers go up.

Spend money (virtual or real), more numbers go up.

In this one the gameplay is choosing your heroes (9 out of 40ish) and putting them in formations to try to max out potential damage. They each boost other locations, heal, tank, etc. Every scenario has different options to min-max. Or you could just look up a guide and then there’s no gameplay at all.

Here’s a whole thread about 'em.

I’ve briefly grown hooked on a few of them but, kind of like most mobile games, I quickly feel the psychological manipulation underneath and quit playing cold turkey.

Sure, okay.

We also like shopping carts.

No one likes shopping carts.

So for the store within the store, do both stores get a separate cut, or the inter/outer store only gets a cut, or do they share the same normal cut equally/unequally?

I like shopping carts

If I had to guess, Epic isn’t bothering to take a cut from Itch.

Hell, there are plenty of games in my library where Epic didn’t even take a cut from Epic!

Me too but only Aldi shopping carts. You put a quarter in and you get a cart! You return the cart you get your quarter back! So cool :-)

Shopping carts are amazing.

Shopping carts are bae.

The only itchio stuff I have is that charity bundle. Is there a way for me to link my account to access (and search!) the games from that bundle on Epic?

Strawberry Festival, and my hometown’s shopping cart drill.

What is this strange ceremony your people are performing?

Hey, I recognize that corner!