Epic Games Store - 88% split goes to devs

FTFY.

^^^ThisGuyGetsIt^^^

Yeah, I just turned 60, and 1961 is considered one of the last years of the Baby Boom (generally considered to have lasted through 1963). Americans born after that for the next 10 or so years are considered GenX, IIRC. So yeah, later Gen Xers are in their 40’s for a couple more years but all the others are in their 50’s.

Hey, I got three more weeks in my forties! Don’t rush me.

Guess what’s back today…

Amusingly, the sale page has a section called “Even better with coupons” that includes games that aren’t eligible for coupons.

Oh shit. It’s been so long, I’m ready to spend, spend, spend.

Plus, you can get the infamous NBA 2K21 for free!

SAMURAI SHODOWN IS STILL FULL PRICE.

Noticed the other day I actually care about my Epic account now.

I had a key from one of the bundle sites, then I thought “Oh I have that on epic”… and was fine with not redeeming it on Steam. I’ll check if I want to buy something with the coupon this time.

From the top of my head, things I want to get with the coupon:
Old World
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
Mortal Shell?

Is there a sale to go with the coupons, I wonder? Even if there isn’t, I might want the first two.

Edit: There is a sale!

Woah, isn’t that the first announced $70 game for the next gen consoles?

There is a sale, but Old World isn’t in it.

Still, $10 off…

Grindstone is out for PC so we can play it without needing Apple Arcade.

I’m tempted to use a coupon on Grindstone.

So… for the other people with Fortnite kids… it sounds like we have to let them log into the Epic client on our PC and start the game to get some free costume stuff. My nephew plays on the switch mainly. The costume challenge progress stuff should work on there once activated.

This is going to be a big thing for him when he’s back home from school tonight.

Some people are also able to redeem it on their phones somehow.

Grindstone is fun, but it’s more of a phone game. Unless you want a quick matching type of game of course.

Why is NBA 2K1 infamous? I added it to my library because it’s free but I doubt I’ll ever install it.

Ever since Edge magazine raved about it, I’ve really been wanting to try Grindstone on iOS but I had no interest in Apple Arcade. I agree that it seems like it would be more at home on my ipad or phone. I think since it’s on sale for $14.99, it wouldn’t be eligible for the $10 off coupon.

Started with 2K20.

Game LOOKS great otherwise.

I’ve played a decent amount of 2k21 on gamepass and have really enjoyed it. With that said I only play the card collecting mode in 2k21 and haven’t tried out the player creation mode they talk about in that article so maybe that is worse.

$70 retail console launch price and stuffed with gambling microtransactions. Sports fans don’t care though.

Will they ever learn?

(No, they won’t.)

I remembered the game for this:

Basically, even though they were the first ones out of the gate to say they were going to charge $70 for next gen console games, they actually had a big difference in quality for the new consoles, as the game was a big leap over NBA 2K20 in terms of graphics.

(I assume the PC version also got the graphical leap).